Clown with big white spot

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I got clown who has big one spot on its mouth. I had him for few months he’s been in hypo. Is it fungus or bacteria infection?
b9e1668d54ed7410d78ace0ba77afc9d.jpg

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacteria infection.

OP
OP
maxwell50

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you . Any idea what I could do for treatment ?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrofuracin green administered in QT would be best, but Kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 together would work. Treat for 14 days in any event.

OP
OP
maxwell50

maxwell50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrofuracin green administered in QT would be best, but Kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 together would work. Treat for 14 days in any event.

Ok I’m still new to medication. I have focus and metroplex on hand. Can I mix some into food? I don’t have kanaplex and furan 2 so do I need all 3 in order for the meds to work? I’m not sure if I can catch the fish without taking out rock. Is the meds reef safe?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m still new to medication. I have focus and metroplex on hand. Can I mix some into food? I don’t have kanaplex and furan 2 so do I need all 3 in order for the meds to work? I’m not sure if I can catch the fish without taking out rock. Is the meds reef safe?
Meds are not reef safe. I’d remove rocks and most water and remove the fish that way. Not fun, believe me I know!

Feeding metroplex isn’t likely to help, but it’s better than nothing for now. The wound really needs to have direct contact with the antibiotics in the water column in a quarantine.

You can source the other two antibiotics from amazon, that’s what I do :)

Infections are slow to correct in fish so if you wish to save the fish I’d move quickly :(

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 59 52.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back