• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Clownfish needed

alamo28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow breeders, I am looking to expand my current clownfish breeding pairs. I will buy singles and pairs, just let me know what you have and how much you want for them. I am hoping to expand from 22 to 40 and possibly as many as 50. If you get attached to your fish don't worry they will be well cared for. I look forward to everyone's responses

Many Thanks,
Rob my

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located? I might have something for you if you’re local. I’m in Clearwater / Tampa

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of perculas, not sure you are interested but if so I’m in Miami.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

If I can find away to catch mine in my 240 reef you can have him (and I’d almost pay the shipping even). I had a pair and the female nipped my Lt tang and he tail slapped her across the tank and she didn’t survive. So the male has now grown but probably turned female. She hosts my frogspawn and she is super mean. She doesn’t but my tangs too much, but even when I stick my hands in my own tank, she nips me and gets pretty aggressive even with me. Not sure how she would do with another clown but she definitely needs anger management lol. She is super pretty, has a really nice black and orange (normal clown) will add a pic in a second. But just tired of being nipped when ever I have to do maintenance, or attend to my tank. It doesn’t matter where I’m at, she will come and attack my hand. Atm to not stress my tangs out I have a turkey blaster (sorry I know it’s not the name but when I put the correct word in, stupid phone auto corrects and changes . So I gave up after like 6 times lol). Anyway when she comes close I spray water at her and she heads back and then tries to attack again. It doesn’t hurt at all when she does nip me but when your not expecting it, then it makes me jump and about fall off my ladder or drown in my tank. I will even send chips with her lol.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

If I can find away to catch mine in my 240 reef you can have him (and I’d almost pay the shipping even). I had a pair and the female nipped my Lt tang and he tail slapped her across the tank and she didn’t survive. So the male has now grown but probably turned female. She hosts my frogspawn and she is super mean. She doesn’t but my tangs too much, but even when I stick my hands in my own tank, she nips me and gets pretty aggressive even with me. Not sure how she would do with another clown but she definitely needs anger management lol. She is super pretty, has a really nice black and orange (normal clown) will add a pic in a second. But just tired of being nipped when ever I have to do maintenance, or attend to my tank. It doesn’t matter where I’m at, she will come and attack my hand. Atm to not stress my tangs out I have a turkey blaster (sorry I know it’s not the name but when I put the correct word in, stupid phone auto corrects and changes . So I gave up after like 6 times lol). Anyway when she comes close I spray water at her and she heads back and then tries to attack again. It doesn’t hurt at all when she does nip me but when your not expecting it, then it makes me jump and about fall off my ladder or drown in my tank. I will even send chips with her lol.

If you want that clown gone, catch her at night or use a red net.
Anytime my clowns got aggressive, they got sold! No need to put up with that crap.
Now I have two snowflake clowns(with a touch of faint blue on them) that are awesome and very peaceful!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want that clown gone, catch her at night or use a red net.
Anytime my clowns got aggressive, they got sold! No need to put up with that crap.
Now I have two snowflake clowns(with a touch of faint blue on them) that are awesome and very peaceful!

Hello,

At night she goes deep into the frog spawn so it’s hard to get her. I tried a red net and same thing as a green they all scatter. May try using a clear container which I may catch more than the clown but I can just release them. Sadly the clown is smarter than I’d like it to be lol. But even now I did work on my tank and she nipped me four or five times and it was no problem because I expect it now. But always worries me it may be a tang and I don’t want that. When I moved I asked them the lfs to not put that one back in. But they did and it was not easy catching them with low water and no rocks.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

At night she goes deep into the frog spawn so it’s hard to get her. I tried a red net and same thing as a green they all scatter. May try using a clear container which I may catch more than the clown but I can just release them. Sadly the clown is smarter than I’d like it to be lol. But even now I did work on my tank and she nipped me four or five times and it was no problem because I expect it now. But always worries me it may be a tang and I don’t want that. When I moved I asked them the lfs to not put that one back in. But they did and it was not easy catching them with low water and no rocks.

Second idea!
What if you stick your hand in the tank and have him/her swim up to bite you and have the net right behind her, like coming in the opposite direction. Maybe?
Unless this is him/her:
1572301101978.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back