Clownfish not eating

gostby88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pair of ocellaris in my tank for about a month. I added my first corals to the tank, just a couple frags which I dipped and my clownfish stopped eating for the past three days. I offer them pellets and brine shrimp but they show no interest in either. One of the clowns has brownish-white stringy poop which I know can be a sign of internal parasites, but the other clown doesn’t have any but still isn’t eating. They are swimming around fine and show no other signs of stress on their bodies or in their behavior. I accidentally overfed them with brine shrimp a couple days ago so could overfeeding maybe be the issue and they just are constipated? If it is a parasite, how much longer should I wait to treat them if they still aren’t eating and what treatment do you recommend? I don’t currently have a QT tank set up so can I just treat the main tank’s water? Thanks.

image.jpg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any laborous breathing, twitching, etc.?

If you want to treat in tank, prazipro might be beneficial. That might help with internal issues if there is in fact a parasite.

If there is something stressing them out, that might cause them not be eating. If there is any dramatic changes in light, big swings in the water numbers, things running by the tank, etc, that can cause fish to be spooked or stressed.

OP
OP
G

gostby88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any laborous breathing, twitching, etc.?

If you want to treat in tank, prazipro might be beneficial. That might help with internal issues if there is in fact a parasite.

If there is something stressing them out, that might cause them not be eating. If there is any dramatic changes in light, big swings in the water numbers, things running by the tank, etc, that can cause fish to be spooked or stressed.
No twitching but they do seem to be breathing pretty hard, and their mouths are opening and closing much more than normal.

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix in general cure and seachem focus with your frozen food let sit for 30 min and feed wait a couple days before doing this to build up there appetite

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pair of ocellaris in my tank for about a month. I added my first corals to the tank, just a couple frags which I dipped and my clownfish stopped eating for the past three days. I offer them pellets and brine shrimp but they show no interest in either. One of the clowns has brownish-white stringy poop which I know can be a sign of internal parasites, but the other clown doesn’t have any but still isn’t eating. They are swimming around fine and show no other signs of stress on their bodies or in their behavior. I accidentally overfed them with brine shrimp a couple days ago so could overfeeding maybe be the issue and they just are constipated? If it is a parasite, how much longer should I wait to treat them if they still aren’t eating and what treatment do you recommend? I don’t currently have a QT tank set up so can I just treat the main tank’s water? Thanks.

image.jpg
params? Tank age? you've got some dinos/cyano it seems, do you run carbon do midigate toxin risk?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back