Condylactis putting his tentacles into sebae anemone

JustJoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my condylactis anemone moved right up to my sebae anemone and was sticking his tentacles into her tentacles. (don't know if him or her, so just saying) I moved my sebae and the condy left the area. Later on she moved back to her spot. Today he is back right behind her but not sticking his tentacles into her. What is going on? Should i move them again? Is he hurting her?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my condylactis anemone moved right up to my sebae anemone and was sticking his tentacles into her tentacles. (don't know if him or her, so just saying) I moved my sebae and the condy left the area. Later on she moved back to her spot. Today he is back right behind her but not sticking his tentacles into her. What is going on? Should i move them again? Is he hurting her?
Condies pack a punch, keep it away.

OP
OP
JustJoan

JustJoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having the opposite problem. My Sebae won't stay away from my Condie.
Are they fighting? Mine are together all day, sitting side by side, the condys choice. Then at night he leaves and sleeps somewhere else. Not hurting each other though.

SaH_UFA1L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they fighting? Mine are together all day, sitting side by side, the condys choice. Then at night he leaves and sleeps somewhere else. Not hurting each other though.
It doesn't look like they are fighting. But along with the fact my sebae won't stay away he also won't take foot anywhere.

OP
OP
JustJoan

JustJoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the condy wouldn't leave the sebae alone. This morning she beat him up. He was all curled up and small and floating around. I picked him up and put him in a safe spot. He seems to like it there. I was afraid he was going to die, but he looks so much better tonight. I hope they stay away from each other.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back