Contest for a free pack of chalices! My way of sharing some good fortune and will. Anyone is welco

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 2 and since then we have been fighting to help him get better and recover. All these years have past and we haven't been given much hope regardless of what we tried and what doctors we've seen (and trust me we've tried). Finally at the age of 7 we are seeing miraculous results from a new medicine that was prescribed to him these past 3 months. 3 months ago he only used 1-2 word sentences, he was very aggressive + non-responsive at times and would not engage in any forms of communication + avoided eye contact. When I sat there and spoke to him there was almost no response and that is one of the saddest things I've ever experienced. Now we are starting to see glimpses of an intelligent, expressive young boy full of excitement and joy. He's using whole sentences, engaging in small conversations and exhibiting spontanious + creative language. It is an incredible turn of events and I am so grateful that I can finally look into my son's eyes and understand him. It has been hard to see any hope in our situation these past couple of years, especially after exhausting our finances and savings to finding him help but now that ray of sunshine has come through and so I'm offering someone a small taste of my joy. Now to the contest.

I'll make it simple. First person to guess the winner and final score of the Giants game wins a nice free chalice pack (3 chalices) delivered overnight (only 1 guess allowed). I'll have to check on what I can cut but it will definitely include strawberry orange sherbert and pinkalicious chalices. The only requirements that I ask are that the winner have a tank ready and be able to receive fed ex shipments. And no, I won't be responsible for any shipping delays, sorry :sad: Pictures of the sos mother colony and pinkalicious colony are below. I will cut the winner 1 eye of each + a 3rd chalice I've yet to choose. That's it, thanks for letting me share my little story and good luck all!

IMG_7029.jpg

008-12.jpg

Last edited:

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear that he is making noticable improvements sounds like the new meds are doing their job!

For fun I will guess.... 17-3 Giants win. If I win raffle it off or something and buy him somethin sweet :) I'm not much of a chalice person and have never tried them, but I am a fan of good fortune! I am sure he will continue to progress into a great young man!

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome news Frank! You'll have to keep us updated on his progress's as well.

Which game are we betting on?

kodiak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't imagine going through that, good to hear he is improving. I am watching the Giants and Padres right now and guess the giants will win 3-2. But for football I guess 24-21 Eagles.

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that the new meds are working for you guys. I have a friend that has a form of Autism, and have a little idea what your going thru as far as the communication issue goes. The right meds make all the difference in the world. As far as the game goes im gonna say Gaints 28-14. And if I win id like to put them up for auction and give the money to braydon and his family that I read about on the other thread

Last edited:

Veganbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24-19 giants. Reef tanks are an amazing sight to see for people who suffer poor health/disease/disorders. I have a neurological disorder as of 6 months ago so i know how much a tank can bring joy to people. :)

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great story, and I'm glad to hear you have found something that works! I do not have much experience with autism, but I to teach martial arts to a couple of students with Asperger's syndrome[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. My thoughts and prayer are with you for continued progress.

Eagle 24 Giants 21 though Vick will have 4 turnovers
[/FONT]

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats amazing!!! I hope that this medicine continues to improve on the disability. I can't even imagine how happy this must make your family.

My guess is Giants 14- 10

nonstopfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy to hear your son is improving after the trials you have had. I wish you and your family the best of luck in the future.

I will take the Giants 27-23.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24-21 Giants. So glad to hear that. You made my night with that story. Your kid is in my heart and prayers bro.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back