Coral box QP series

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 20 gallon tank and I'm looking to get the coral box wavemaker. Im trying to mimic waves and the 2 korallia pumps aren't cutting it! Should I get the QP5 or the QP9 and just run it lower power? Is it better to go big or will the QP5 be sufficient?

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always go bigger because I know I want to upgrade tanks, and also the larger powerhead/return pump/wavemaker can always be turned down. There’s also the school of thought that turned down, the product doesn’t have to work as hard and has a longer life span.

braappn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 qp5 in my 29 gallon. One was not enough, way too much dead spots. For what it's worth.

Also with these you can run the random modes and set it to max out at whatever you want. Unlike the older jebaos which I understand always ramped to max 100% in their random mode. So you could always dial down the qp9 if it was too much.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 qp5 in my 29 gallon. One was not enough, way too much dead spots. For what it's worth.

Also with these you can run the random modes and set it to max out at whatever you want. Unlike the older jebaos which I understand always ramped to max 100% in their random mode. So you could always dial down the qp9 if it was too much.

Hope this helps!
Its does ill be going with one QP9 in my 20 gallon to start and see if I can get the wave effect

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend going with the larger unit IF the smaller one will be running at or near max duty cycle or if you foresee moving to a larger tank in the near future.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back