*** Corals.com BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY GIVEAWAY!! WIN $500 in CORALS!! ***

GoogleWasMyIdea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats @GoogleWasMyIdea ! Great prize!

Zx- depressed lucky.gif

Woohoo!!! Congrats @GoogleWasMyIdea !!! Awesome win!

Congrats!

@GoogleWasMyIdea congrats!!! what are you going to buy with the prize?

I think he said Clove polyps...?

Congrats @GoogleWasMyIdea . Enjoy your 500 bucks of GSP :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Congrats @GoogleWasMyIdea !! What an awesome prize.

Thanks Everyone! Unbelievable and ultra excited! Still learning so willing to accept any suggestions for a newbie on how to spend this wisely.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Everyone! Unbelievable and ultra excited! Still learning so willing to accept any suggestions for a newbie on how to spend this wisely.
What types of corals do you currently have that are happy and healthy?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend it however you want. That being said Zoas, Duncans, Leather corals are nice easy entry corals.

GoogleWasMyIdea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend it however you want. That being said Zoas, Duncans, Leather corals are nice easy entry corals.

And Montipora, Digitata, and Cyphastrea.

Yes, I am still very much at the entry level/beginner stage, but I have some zoas that seem to be doing well, but currently dealing with the Dinos now, so my planned/future purchases will be delayed a little while for sure. Of course I've got more zoas (love the variety), a pulsing xenia, maybe a toadstool the digitata and cyphastrea are those that will be among the next candidates to join the tank. Acans hopefully down the road too.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, I am still very much at the entry level/beginner stage, but I have some zoas that seem to be doing well, but currently dealing with the Dinos now, so my planned/future purchases will be delayed a little while for sure. Of course I've got more zoas (love the variety), a pulsing xenia, maybe a toadstool the digitata and cyphastrea are those that will be among the next candidates to join the tank. Acans hopefully down the road too.
Usually the gift cards are good for up to a year. You PMed Daniel, right?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please PM Daniel! Otherwise you're just going to have advice about invasive corals and no corals to show for it!

Has anyone suggested blue clove polyps yet?

P.s. don't listen to any of this lot! They'll lead you right to ruin! Also, try Pandoras, I hear they are pretty and do well in any tank.

P.p.s. I belong with that lot, so don't listen to me either!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If it's me, I'm looking for not red and not green because the majority of your inexpensive corals are going to be red and green (some exceptions like Mushrooms and Zoas).

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please PM Daniel! Otherwise you're just going to have advice about invasive corals and no corals to show for it!

Has anyone suggested blue clove polyps yet?

P.s. don't listen to any of this lot! They'll lead you right to ruin! Also, try Pandoras, I hear they are pretty and do well in any tank.

P.p.s. I belong with that lot, so don't listen to me either!
Joseph, go to the corner!

Spider-Man GIF

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, depending on your local reefer scene, you can sometimes get good deals on zoas, so consider corals that aren't easy to propogate and get locally. Trachys, cynarinas, out-of-vogue-but-still-way-cool-corals like psammacoras and pavonas. Special pectinias like the teal tipped one they had.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, depending on your local reefer scene, you can sometimes get good deals on zoas, so consider corals that aren't easy to propogate and get locally. Trachys, cynarinas, out-of-vogue-but-still-way-cool-corals like psammacoras and pavonas. Special pectinias like the teal tipped one they had.
Tank was set up in October. Pavonas and Psammacoras are probably fine.

GoogleWasMyIdea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, that's very soon. Dry or live or ocean rock @GoogleWasMyIdea ? I'll have a look at your build.
You guys are killing me with the gifs! I’ve got dry rock…still waiting on the live rock from Tampa…ordered that shortly after things got wet. Saying it should arrive next week. We will see.

@tbrown its Xmas time so isn’t that the time for reds and greens? Well, maybe it’s Xmas year-round in some tanks.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You guys are killing me with the gifs! I’ve got dry rock…still waiting on the live rock from Tampa…ordered that shortly after things got wet. Saying it should arrive next week. We will see.

@tbrown its Xmas time so isn’t that the time for reds and greens? Well, maybe it’s Xmas year-round in some tanks.
You used Dr Tim's though? No corals yet? Besides the Zoas I mean.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoogleWasMyIdea looks like you're just through the ugly stage in your tank. Still just the two clowns? It may pay to add a few more fish before too many corals. I will get to my coral suggestions soon. As others advised, if you haven't pm @Daniel@R2R now. Like stop reading and do it or we will have a redraw on our hands.

You can listen to me because I don't know nor associate with the likes of @tbrown @JoJosReef nor @steveschuerger. And as long as you don't check that, you won't find my friendly conversations with all of them.

Now my coral choices: (which I might suggest waiting till spring to order, both for tank maturity and better shipping weather)
soft

lps

sps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back