Corals For The Cure fights back against cancer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, you continue to surprise me. I've never bought from you regrettably but you are definitely one of the best vendors on here. My dad(ironically named scott as well)is a radiation oncologist so he helps people battle cancer everyday and sadly over half those battles are lost. I see him come home sometimes very quiet and melancholy and ive learned not to ask since I know another amazing individual lost their life that day. Sadly one of my moms best friend lost her life to breast cancer almost a decade ago and currently my dads best friend is dying from leukemia. Cancer is everywhere and unfortunately is taking its toll. My dog recently had a leg amputated do to a bone tumor in his leg. Words cannot describe the amount of good you are doing for victims and their families across the country and I know this will take off. I can't thank and praise you enough for what you are doing and hope nothing but the best

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me for my lack of showing my empathy. I'm so very sorry for your loss, ((HUGS))
Just the title of this thread sent me into a tizzy. Talk about raw with emotion :(

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, you continue to surprise me. I've never bought from you regrettably but you are definitely one of the best vendors on here. My dad(ironically named scott as well)is a radiation oncologist so he helps people battle cancer everyday and sadly over half those battles are lost. I see him come home sometimes very quiet and melancholy and ive learned not to ask since I know another amazing individual lost their life that day. Sadly one of my moms best friend lost her life to breast cancer almost a decade ago and currently my dads best friend is dying from leukemia. Cancer is everywhere and unfortunately is taking its toll. My dog recently had a leg amputated do to a bone tumor in his leg. Words cannot describe the amount of good you are doing for victims and their families across the country and I know this will take off. I can't thank and praise you enough for what you are doing and hope nothing but the best

Austin, thanks for the touching words...It was really a difficult, horrible thing to go through for me and my family, and this charity gives me a sense of "counter-attacking", as I'm sure your dad could relate. Oncologists are a special breed, for sure! As for the praise...It is really not deserved...We're just trying to do some little thing that can help heal the hurt and maybe give the reefing community an easy way to donate to an important cause while engaging in their favorite activity. The real heroes in all this are medical professionals like your dad, who go about their work daily with passion, and those who struggle each day with this disease. We're doing a small thing, but it's a beautiful thing. Thanks to the huge outpouring of support we've received from the reef keeping community so far...

-Scott

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me for my lack of showing my empathy. I'm so very sorry for your loss, ((HUGS))
Just the title of this thread sent me into a tizzy. Talk about raw with emotion :(

Thanks for the kind sentiments...I appreciate your words very much! Let's see what the reef keeping community can do!

-Scott

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry for your loss. Cancer sucks!! I have lost several close relatives due to it.

I will definitely be supporting this cause and spreading the word.

Dsobo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such a great tribute and cause, I hope and pray that a cure is found. I will be supporting as soon as my tank is back up.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, again, sorry for your loss. As a husband to a wife who's battling brain cancer, I'd like to get some plugs from you when they're available, preferably with gray ribbons. I could then sell frags at local swaps on the plugs and donate 100% to the cause. In my book, research for a cure trumps any money I might otherwise earn from the sale. In the meantime, tell me more about the charity you've set up and I might be able to get something rolling for you. Thanks again for doing this for all who are affected by this terrible disease.

Dave

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sister is in remission from cancer. I was going to order an acro but I may just order some plugs. I'm on the fence about getting a mystery frag or finding something my sister will love and mounting it myself.

What acros are in the "assorted" listing?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for all your losses and battles. I think we all have been touched by cancer. :( Lost my uncle a few weeks ago and my father in law in October last year. This is a great cause.

aandfsoccr04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very, very cool thing of you all to do. I would look for more updates in the near future about this program. Sorry for your loss.

fade2black

Is this thing on?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, first sorry for your loss. Second, I want to help. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer about 14 months ago and it has been a long journey to recovery for her. She loved the pictures you posted of the frags. At there very least I want to buy a bunch of the plugs, also we have a large (800 people) frag swap coming up here that might be an opportunity for you. PM me and let me know what I can do to help you and how I can get some plugs.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%

Back