Corals Shrivelled Up and Spitting Filaments

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

So over the last week, I have noticed, after mid day. My corals seem to shrivel up and start to spit their guts. This started last Thursday, I assumed it was my dwarf angel, being a juvenile and not yet learning his tank manners, but I have since moved him into a quarantine and the issue is still persisting.

It's a new tank, it's been up and running for about 4 weeks, weekly water changes of about 20%, feed AB+ every other day, nothing in the tank only corals, a pom pom crab and a few snails.

Does anybody know what might be happening? I've attached a video. Not very clear due to heavy blues, i'll try and get a better video later. I have not tested the water params (shout at me), but I feel I don't really need to unless something drastic is happening (you may say this is drastic, but too me, it's only after a certain time that it happens, so how can it be the water?) I'm thinking maybe flow or lighting being asin everything seems fine and happy in the mornings.

I have also attached my lighting schedule, this has been used on my tanks for the last 6 months, and everything has been fine until this past week? I will do some tests tonight, though i'm certain the water quality is not an issue.

Thanks, Tiggy Screenshot_20211011-153231_myAI.jpg

Attachments

• 20211008_170508.mp4
    16.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Moderate light and water flow. Filament or zooanthllae ?
Can’t open video

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Filament, those squiggly noodle looking things, flow is a Nero3, has random mode on up to a max of 50% goes to 75% over night for an hour or two to pick up the detritus.
When you said noodle, could be poriferan sponge
Will view video in a couple of hours

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 109 73.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back