Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the project
Still running, had to swap the transmission on it too though. The trans that came with the car had 5th gearout of it. So ended up calling the yard I got the engine from and asked if they had the matching transmission for it. They shipped it out and been driving it ever since. Great car for being almost 33 years old!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still running, had to swap the transmission on it too though. The trans that came with the car had 5th gearout of it. So ended up calling the yard I got the engine from and asked if they had the matching transmission for it. They shipped it out and been driving it ever since. Great car for being almost 33 years old!
You know the rule, pics or it never happened

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!!
very nice hognose! It’s neat to find other herp enthusiasts on here. We’ve got a zoo in our house, but here is our hognose. He’s about 2-1/2 years old now.
IMG_6544.jpeg

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice hognose! It’s neat to find other herp enthusiasts on here. We’ve got a zoo in our house, but here is our hognose. He’s about 2-1/2 years old now.
IMG_6544.jpeg
How is he when it comes to feeding? Ever experience spans of time where he'll refuse to eat?

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is he when it comes to feeding? Ever experience spans of time where he'll refuse to eat?
Yes, out of the last 5-6 feedings he has only eaten once. Something about this time of the year. We weigh all of our snakes (except our retic) once a month. So far he hasn’t lost any weight. So we don’t get too concerned until he starts loosing weight. We typically feed him every 7 days but increase it to 10-14 when he starts refusing. Eventually he’ll start eating again.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, out of the last 5-6 feedings he has only eaten once. Something about this time of the year. We weigh all of our snakes (except our retic) once a month. So far he hasn’t lost any weight. So we don’t get too concerned until he starts loosing weight. We typically feed him every 7 days but increase it to 10-14 when he starts refusing. Eventually he’ll start eating again.
Same, she ate like a champ a week after I got her. Now she shows no interest in food. Going on 10 days since last time she ate

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, she ate like a champ a week after I got her. Now she shows no interest in food. Going on 10 days since last time she ate
Like I said, no worries. Hogs are well known to do this. Keep offering once and a while and she will eventually start eating again. If you start getting that worried you could try scenting it. We’ve found that if there is a little blood our hog is much more enticed. If you need a little more you can get frog scent and supposedly that really gets them eating. But I would only scent if the animal is loosing weight.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, no worries. Hogs are well known to do this. Keep offering once and a while and she will eventually start eating again. If you start getting that worried you could try scenting it. We’ve found that if there is a little blood our hog is much more enticed. If you need a little more you can get frog scent and supposedly that really gets them eating. But I would only scent if the animal is loosing weight.
Yup been monitoring. I did try pinning her last mouse, still showed no interest. So just sitting tight and monitoring her weight. Still sitting at about 30 grams :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back