Current Stock of Heteractis magnifica Anemones at Pacific East Aquaculture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of healthy magnifica Anemones available!

AAU2503_1200x.jpg
AN1102_300x.jpg
AN1101_300x.jpg
AN1103_300x (1).jpg
AN1104_300x.jpg

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually have them in stock but am out at the moment. I hope to have more in a few weeks. When I get them I get a lot of them at once. Colors can vary but most are green tip or purple tip.

Care is pretty simple. Lots of light (more full spectrum rather than all blue) and lots of flow is the best. I keep them in our greenhouse with natural sunlight supplemented with blue LED along with tons of random flow. This is how they are conditioned prior to sale. I find no need to use antibiotics prophylacticly. As long as the conditions are perfect as in our system, they do great and treatment is not necessary. I don't measure PAR so can't help you out on that.

I also have a 32 gal Fluval Flex display tank with soft corals and magnificas and it has an AI Hydra 32, a couple of Maxi Jet 1200 powerheads, and the anemones have been fine for over a year. You must be sure any powerheads are safely guarded because the anemones will inevitably get cropped up without precautions.

I feed 2-3 times weekly with the same pellet food that I feed the tank-raised Clownfish. I find that they spit out anything larger and do great on the pellets.

In our greenhouse they are in with shelf rock so that they can easily attach and usually do so within an hour of introduction. Plus, they are easy to peel off without damaging them as I sell them. I find that if you place them on rock in your tank, in an area with good flow and intense light, then they often stay where you put them. However, like any anemone, they can wander and I suggest putting them back where you want them and many times the wanderers will eventually be trained to stay where you want them.

They are the natural host for Ocellaris/Percula and all the variants. When in with a magnifica it is often difficult to see the Clownfish because they are so tightly bonded with the anemone.

I do not recommend the use of antibiotics without the advice and prescription from a qualified veterinarian. In my opinion it is irresponsible to casually use and dispose of antibiotics without great care and professional advice. Sorry, I'm a board certified veterinary pathologist and I can not condone the free unregulated use of antibiotics. And, given the correct conditions their use is unnecessary in my experience. Pacific East Aquaculture has been in business for 24 years and I have handled many hundreds of anemones and not found the need for routine treatments. Intense light, lots of random flow, regular sensible feeding, and natural saltwater parameters are the keys to success. I also find that correct Iodine level is very important for them to thrive! (Yes, I know so many folks online claim Iodine is unimportant, my experiences are different)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back