Cyanobacteria

giangnambui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI everyone,

My tank is just 1 month. The first week of cycling, I use zeobak, 3 weeks later i change to gen M bacteria. At present, my tank is too clean, and my sps is losing colour. I ask a friend who is sucessfull with SPS tank and he said my tank is no Cyanobacteria.

Please explain to me about the role of cyanobacteria in the reef and how to solve my problem.

There are my tank infomation:
60 gallon, radion G4 pro (9 hours lighting).
Skimmer curve 7, temperature 27 degree.
No3=0, po4 =0, ph =8.0, kh= 8.3.

Thanks so much.

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef!!

To me, no cyanobacteria is just a symptom of the tank being so clean. However, I can't think of any reason why someone wants a cyano outbreak so I can't guess as to what your friend meant. My recommendation is to feed the coral and the tank. I assume you have some fish.
For the coral there are a number of good coral foods, such as Reefroids, BRS Reef Chili, and Benepets. Use sparingly and spot feed instead of broadcast feeding.

Also check the lighting. For a tank that size I assume you have an X30. Is that true? Also, what is you light intensity and color mix? A lot of people here have Radions and can offer their advice. If the lighting is too high, then it can bleach the corals too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back