Debra’s Dream aquarium build

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefer’s just when I was having to rehome my tangs, we found a 120 long g tank. Wohoo, now I’ve got a couple more years with my guys! Our current tank 100 gal with 20gL sump is 15 years or more old.
We found out our phosphates were off the charts so first step update R/ODI. Done, zero TDS and phosphate. Now just working on getting current tank ready, water changes and vacuuming crushed coral substrate. I’ve already got fish and starfish picked out at Dr. Reef Quarantined fish,
Naso tang
4 Chromis
Fairy Wrasse
Bonded pair clownfish
Fire fish Goby
Plan to direct add to new tank so they get settled in
Current tank
Sailfin Tang
Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
1Chromis
Lemonpeel angel
Came on Live Rock 30 years ago
Mushroom “ Rock”” probably 50 or more
Tangs knock off swimming by so mushroom’s growing on substrate
Paly rock with 100 heads or so
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Debramb

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefer’s just when I was having to rehome my tangs, we found a 120 long g tank. Wohoo, now I’ve got a couple more years with my guys! Our current tank 100 gal with 20gL sump is 15 years or more old.
We found out our phosphates were off the charts so first step update R/ODI. Done, zero TDS and phosphate. Now just working on getting current tank ready, water changes and vacuuming crushed coral substrate. I’ve already got fish and starfish picked out at Dr. Reef Quarantined fish,
Naso tang
4 Chromis
Fairy Wrasse
Bonded pair clownfish
Fire fish Goby
Plan to direct add to new tank so they get settled in
Current tank
Sailfin Tang
Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
1Chromis
Lemonpeel angel
Came on Live Rock 30 years ago
Mushroom “ Rock”” probably 50 or more
Tangs knock off swimming by so mushroom’s growing on substrate
Paly rock with 100 heads or so
image.jpg
image.jpg
The new tank has an outside overflow. Tom had to cut all pipes to transfer home. He can re- plumb that, it’s just we’re not used to this setup,
I’m sure I (him) will need advice on this build. I know slow and steady so once we get the new TV stand, haha we’ll get the tank leveled and set up. Chewy’s.com sells Nutra-sea water and crushed coral, free shipping over $50.00. I’ll add that and 10-15 gallons of nutra-sea water and some crushed coral and water.
I already plan to stock pods from Steele pods. (On R2R) .
Already “found” live dry rock pieces and put in sump 2 weeks ago.we’ve got rocks that are from the late 80’s.
I’m thinking of housing the fish in big brute with current tank water w/hang on back filter or large canister filter.
I want new fish to adapt and move in the aquascape before the big guys move in.Just got Reef Enhancerfor rocks to get new pieces seeded and ready.
Previous tank changes have missed new tank syndrome, so please, if anyone read this, add tips to help. I’ve learned SO much from R2R I respect all comments
Debra