Dino help. Just came out of 5 day total blackout

rowenaad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came out of 5 day total blackout yesterday to battle previously id'ed amphidinium with nitrate dosing, bacteria dosing, peroxide dosing and daily syphoning. Now my sand is snow white and rocks are less messy. However, I took a sample of the aglae from the rock, Dino is still there. They are almost inactive/no movement and a lot less in numbers. Is this what other people see as well? or I have lost in this round or still too early to tell :face-with-spiral-eyes:? TIA

IMG_5966.jpg

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came out of 5 day total blackout yesterday to battle previously id'ed amphidinium with nitrate dosing, bacteria dosing, peroxide dosing and daily syphoning. Now my sand is snow white and rocks are less messy. However, I took a sample of the aglae from the rock, Dino is still there. They are almost inactive/no movement and a lot less in numbers. Is this what other people see as well? or I have lost in this round or still too early to tell :face-with-spiral-eyes:? TIA

IMG_5966.jpg
You have lost this round black outs don't stop a dino bloom just buy you time. What's your po4 and no3

SaltyPickel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling dino’s for over 2 years now. Tried to increase my nitrate by dosing as my RoyalExclusive skimmer is to efficient. Also have tried lights out with no success. My 57w UV won’t zapp them either. I haven’t tried peroxide, interesting.. Added a bunch of conchs to clean the sand but no success with anything. I do notice every time I syphon or move the sand around the dinos are even worse a couple days later. All and all my SPS/LPS look amazing, just ugly sand..

OP
OP
R

rowenaad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling dino’s for over 2 years now. Tried to increase my nitrate by dosing as my RoyalExclusive skimmer is to efficient. Also have tried lights out with no success. My 57w UV won’t zapp them either. I haven’t tried peroxide, interesting.. Added a bunch of conchs to clean the sand but no success with anything. I do notice every time I syphon or move the sand around the dinos are even worse a couple days later. All and all my SPS/LPS look amazing, just ugly sand..
I found the effect of syphoning only last a day or two but I won't say it's worse afterwards. ive been dosing peroxide for over ten days and not seeing any effect either. but luckily your livestock is fine, all my inverts other than one clam suffer or died :disappointed-face:

xDMike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your phosphates? My dinos only started to go away after raising my po4 to over .1.

SaltyPickel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the effect of syphoning only last a day or two but I won't say it's worse afterwards. ive been dosing peroxide for over ten days and not seeing any effect either. but luckily your livestock is fine, all my inverts other than one clam suffer or died :disappointed-face:
Sorry to hear that about your animals.. My new attempt is dosing kalkwasser to raise my PH high enough that dinos can’t strive.
I found the effect of syphoning only last a day or two but I won't say it's worse afterwards. ive been dosing peroxide for over ten days and not seeing any effect either. but luckily your livestock is fine, all my inverts other than one clam suffer or died

OP
OP
R

rowenaad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that about your animals.. My new attempt is dosing kalkwasser to raise my PH high enough that dinos can’t strive.
good luck! lemme know how it goes. ill try raising my phosphate to 0.1 as my next step

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back