Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are soooooo many different things to try with Dinos it becomes overwhelming. Usually it takes a combination of 2 or 3 different methods before finally coming out on top. I used a combination of UV, blackouts, and heavy skimming. I finally have them under control to the point where I am not siphoning them out daily (although they are still not completely gone). I have also tried dosing with MB7 and Dr. Tim's Re-fresh (which has worked for a lot of people). Manually remove as often as possible to give whatever method you are using a chance to work. Good luck :)

reefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of dinos in about 2 or 3 months, after letting it take over my 75 gallon.
- 3 day black outs, twice a month (manually remove as much as you can before and after black outs)
-big water change right after black outs
-heavy skimming and manually removing the dinos almost every other day with a turkey baster
-I kept rescaping the rocks to help remove all of it, since after blowing it off the rocks it would collect around and underneath the rocks
-bought new drapes to keep the sun light from hitting the tank

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should you run carbon while dosing peroxide
You can run carbon as the half life of peroxide is short lived but will deplete it quickly with organics.
Peroxide should be used with lights off for full effect.
Stay diligent in the peroxide dosing!
Its a great warfare chemical for many things.

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cured Dino in 3 days. I have to find the bottles of the stuff I used. It was in association with a 3 day black out and dosing 1 product for 2 days and dosing the other product on the last day. It almost wiped out my 60 and not but a couple of days later my nano. It's some nasty stuff and unfortunately it's in all saltwster, it just picks when it wants to show up and the problem is there are so many different strand. Let me dig though my stuff tonight and find the bottles. It worked for me and my LFS had it in there DT. He is the one who told me how to get rid of it.

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Dino x and mine disappeared in 10 days Dino x from what I figure is ammonia and when dosed goes through the process and turns to nitrate and makes your nitrates really high maxing out on my Api kit and u also have to take out your inverts other wise they might die after the process u just do a huge water change. Just giving another option to look into make sure if you use this stuff you read up on it.

Edit : also during the process I siphoned the Dino's out which helped alot

Last edited:

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a fyi, if your snails eat the Dino they will most likely die. I tryed the H2O2 dosing and it didn't work for me but I have seen it work for others.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back