• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dissapointment with flricordia

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Corals Mania

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flricordia...re-shipped nightmares AAA++++ very satisfied

Mike re-shipped nightmares 4 adults and about 4-5 babies on the side! My wife said, they arrived warm and so packed...great job! After about an hour they were opening. Again thank you and I will referred you to anyone.

Thank you,
Johnny

Last edited:

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For one you contacted me 36 hrs after the Nightmares were delivered (I have the time with Fedex delivery and the first contact time from you documented BTW) that they did not look good. 2nd the package got to you 3 days later than the first package, not a week. I shipped the first package Fedex Priority on Monday, the Nightmares that Thursday. I even had reservations after your emails and talking on the phone about just giving you a refund for the forgotten Nightmares, I did not like the attitude I got from you about the mistake, I wish to high heaven I had returned the money instead of sending them Fedex Priority to you. Hell, Fedex Priority was half the cost of the polyps themselves. I am kicking myself each time I think about it.
And 36hrs is a long time before you contact me about them. How do I know they did not sit outside on your doorstep all day? But I did say I would reship them and even pay half the shipping. I think this is fair since all you have sent me is one pic and that 36 hrs after they were delivered to you I think I have been more than fair.
And you complain about the size. If they did not make it then how are you able to determine the size I ask? Others have gotten Nightmares here from me and had no complaints about the size. When I buy zoas I do not ask nor do I need to be told the polyp size. I think you goofed with them somehow and am just trying to get some cash back. I already told you I would resend them and pay half shipping. You can't get cash back just because you thought the Nightmare polyps are large.
Hell, I even told you once to return them and I would give you a refund. I think something is going on here that ain't smellin too good.
And saying I shipped a week later. I have the documentation on FedEx site is was 3 days later, the same week bud. Don't try and pull a scam over on me, especially using the forum to do it with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Corals Mania

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it was a few days afterward, that you ship the nightmare. After the way you got so nasty I should have told you to forget it. And no time I got nasty or disrespectful. If your going to be a seller, customer service comes first without the hostilty. You mention to ship you the zoos back that you send me and pay for the shipping, another lost. By the way I had send you a picture the next day. My wife works at home and now on maternity leave, as soon as the box arrived she open the box and floated the zoos. Here is no scam, is that the best you can come up with for your mistake. I'm not going to get into a shooting match with you back and fourth with you.. I lost a $100 but is the last-time I buy something from you.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 36 hours after delivery before you first contacted me. If you had contacted me right away would have made a difference but I cannot be responsible for how they go once in your possession for over 24hrs. If I have a problem with something someone sends me I contact them right away. How can I help but to think something is amiss here. If you were in my shoes what then? 36 hrs later? No nothing before then?
Many havce gotten my zoas including Nightmares and never a problem before.

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wolverine,
my question is are the zoas dead?
If not do the hydrogen peroxide bath. It should save them.

You also asked what is right?
He offerd a credit after 36 hours. He has done good IMO.
Take the credit. ;)

LMK, if they died. I can walk you thru saving them otherwise.

Rich :)

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are always taking a risk when shipping live animals. most make it, but some may not, that is the risk u take. plus it has been like 5 degrees around here. i think he did right.

Last edited:

mak060

Reluctant Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so hard to know in these cases, and we've all been there. I once drove 6 hours (each way) to pick up a colony of AOGs and other stuff. The other stuff made it, including plain brown zoas, but the AOGs didn't. I have wondered whether some of the metallic orange-red strains are more susceptible to shipping shock. Maybe both parties did the best they could and shipping in winter was just too much for these beauties.

redman1221

Passer Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sorry that happen to you, the one that I got from him is doing real good it open up within an hour of putting them in my tank so for me I will be ordering from him again. Again sorry for your lost.

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the dealings I have had with Mike have been awsome.

One thing I will tell you, Nightmares are small. That's just the way they are. I don't know of any dealers, online or not, that would even go so far as offer a credit after the coral was received for 6 hours much less 36. If you don't want the credit, send it my way. :bigsmile:

ReefKid15

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya ive delt with mike more than 5 times and every time has been GREAT!!! O and he even went out of his way to send me a 5 frag pack for free all I had to do was pay shipping

mike is a great seller and is not a kind of guy that would try and rip someone off!!!!

Last edited:

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, those could be polyps of nightmare zoas...did they ever open or did they just melt away. What was the water temp when they arrived...were they still warm? I get the shakes when I think about shipping prized zoas and palys by ANY carrier, especially in this weather. I believe that in this kind of weather, we'd be better off shipping our zoas via the wet paper towel method, placed into a thermos container with a wrapped heat pack....you lose less heat via air than water, the zoas go into "protective" mode (IMO) thinking they have been exposed so they shut up tight and do fine. No slime in the water, no banging around in the container, the wet paper towels act like a big cushion. Looks like the seller is trying to meet you half way, if it really was 36 hours, I think it's fair. I have had some problems with one seller in the past, but I certainly wouldn't say he was being dishonest...sometimes things happen...when there's losses, it's hard to make either side completely happy.
I was lucky enough to win the Jan drawing for the frag pack from Elite Reefs and we have been in contact and I'd rather delay delivery considering the weather than risking some sweet zoas. Elite Reefs has been very understanding about this. We are dealing with live organisms here, every one responds differently to shipping conditions. Selling on line is a tough way to make a living. If both side give a little I'm sure you can work it out.

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to win the Jan drawing for the frag pack from Elite Reefs and we have been in contact and I'd rather delay delivery considering the weather than risking some sweet zoas. Elite Reefs has been very understanding about this. We are dealing with live organisms here, every one responds differently to shipping conditions. Selling on line is a tough way to make a living. If both side give a little I'm sure you can work it out.

Flricordia has done the same for me. Hold the shipment till weather improves.

Another side story, and why I love dealing with Flricordia. Mike and I had gone in together on some rather nice PE's. Mike got them from the seller, then was shipping mine to me. USPS screwed the pooch and sent my corals from Northwest Florida, to Oakland, California for a couple days. Then back to Tarpon Springs, Florida where I picked them up. None of this was Flricordia's fault. USPS owned up to the blame.

The People Eaters arrived alive. I was blown away after 4 days cross country in July that these things lived. I credit it to the way Mike packages.

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a reefer in our area that was re-arranging stuff in the tank and forgot about a frag of zoas she left on the top ledge of the tank, out of water and under MH lights for hours...it just closed up tight and survived. That why I think the wet paper towel is the best shipping method...I've shipped many a zoa that way...even experimented with shipping in the same container...one in water and one in wet paper towels and the recovery time has always been better and faster with the wet paper towels. Most corals are real survivors or they wouldn't still be around for millions of years...it's a tribute to us reef keepers that we can kill them so fast ;0)....just kidding!!

OP
OP
C

Corals Mania

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding some of the question, firstly the zoos did not open. As far as the temperature when arrived per my wife, about 70 degrees, cool but the freezing. The temperature in my sump was 78 degress, usually 77-79 degree. As soon as the pacakage arrived my wife called me at work and told me that she open the box floated the bag containing the zoos in the sump, like all frags until I got home and there was no light on in my sump. The light in my sump for the cheato goes on at 12 midnight.

I want everyone to know That I have spoken to Mike several times, and we have worked this out. MIke seems to be a standup guy, I apologize if I had said anything wronge, we are human and sometimes we react, my bust on my side. Mike will be replacing my nightmares. Everyone here, appreciate your feedback.

mikedelgado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you guys worked it out!! I recenty purchased from mike and was very happy. thanks for my phe red rings mike there beauuuutiful!

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Here is an update pic Wolverine. Once the weather is above freezing and acceptable range to reship I will be sending them. As you can see a couple more polyps have come up and a couple buds have started.

IMG_2617.jpg

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a reefer in our area that was re-arranging stuff in the tank and forgot about a frag of zoas she left on the top ledge of the tank, out of water and under MH lights for hours...it just closed up tight and survived. That why I think the wet paper towel is the best shipping method...I've shipped many a zoa that way...even experimented with shipping in the same container...one in water and one in wet paper towels and the recovery time has always been better and faster with the wet paper towels. Most corals are real survivors or they wouldn't still be around for millions of years...it's a tribute to us reef keepers that we can kill them so fast ;0)....just kidding!!
I have left rics out and forgotten about them while answering the phone and other things and they have always been OK too. Once I chopped up a ric rock and didn't see a couple small ones on some discarded rock. Later that day when I went to put the dry rock into my collection bucket I noticed some small slimy buds, placed them in the tank and the small rics opened and survived. Must have been at least 6 hours out of water.
I don't think larger ones would have made it, but not positive on that.

OP
OP
C

Corals Mania

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike re-shipped nightmares 4 adults and about 4-5 babies on the side! My wife said, they arrived warm and so packed...great job! After about an hour they were opening. Again thank you and I will referred you to anyone.

Thank you,

Johnny

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you,
Johnny

You might want to change the title of this thread too

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back