DIY Gyre Controller Idea

thatbamaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the new gyre 300 series has control functions via app-"syna-g", custom wave, timer with power & mode change, send with wifi over one extra device called "Integrated Controller V6"...
300 motor & driver are new and not compatible to the old ones, don´t know the exact specs & tech (found no info on HP).
it might be better to use the 300 gyre controller & pump but control the wifi over PI;)

i don´t think the TI or cheap chinese controller have functions like new sine wave... so it might get louder...

That's part of the purpose of the DRV10983. It uses a proprietary algorithm to create sinusoidal motor control from pwm input.

Did anyone ever actually get their pumps working well from a DRV10983? What was your experience? Was it louder? What pumps did you use and did they reach max output? Did you do any tuning?

I'm working on building a 4 pump controller from an esp32 so that I can run then all from 1 larger 24v psu and be able to run them in any pattern that I want from a web interface.

The Giz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Credit to @doughboy he has paved the way to my DIY version using the eBay brushless 500W controller. I have created a 4 unit device, and am controlling it on my raspberry Pi via a MCP4728 chip running on I2c. Box is a 3d printed custom build, the jebao connectors are from a few old units I had about, and powering the unit with 2 24v 5A chargers which run 2 units each. Currently working on the software, via python, inital recent tests are working well, will keep ye posted if ye're interested.
IMG-4744.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-4746.jpg
    IMG-4746.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 35

The Giz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Credit to @doughboy he has paved the way to my DIY version using the eBay brushless 500W controller. I have created a 4 unit device, and am controlling it on my raspberry Pi via a MCP4728 chip running on I2c. Box is a 3d printed custom build, the jebao connectors are from a few old units I had about, and powering the unit with 2 24v 5A chargers which run 2 units each. Currently working on the software, via python, inital recent tests are working well, will keep ye posted if ye're interested.
IMG-4744.jpg
So Just to let everyone know the Controller is working well, 3/4 operational, 1 has a short issue on it, so have purchased a replacement from Ebay - won't be here for a few weeks yet
There is now a good space saving in my sump area.
continuing to work on the coding "python" and Flask
From my home page - I've implemented a pump page

1631448178237.png

1631448269521.png

So I'm running 2 BLDC boards off each power supply, which is rated at 24V and 5A.
So there is plenty of juice.
The sine wave and square wave patterns are working however the code needs some more modification
What I have notices is a increase in pump noise, not on the CP25 rather on the CP4 used in my coral box skimmer.

1631448482922.png

The best thing of all is that now I only need to do 1 click on my Pi Controller and the pumps all go into feeding mode.
Things to do,
Night mode and improve the sine and square wave function.

Lee belk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone know how to fix my xf330 controller its not working anymore its showing that its working at 50 percent on each pump but it then says off I have tried to use a pump in side a and then side b none of the 2 work one kicks like its trying to work but thats all I think its my controller thats broke because for 2 pumps to go at the same time is unlikely one is newer then the other I have tried to update it with an sd card no difference im no good with anything like this to be honest and im not really wanting to pay 150 for a new controller

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back