Do You Aquascape your live rock with fish in mind?

markak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to reseal a leak in my tank so I had to drain and remove everything in it. I had 2 tangs, one died also lost 4 PJs all my snails. I had to redo all the live rock. Tang was put back in last night. He just swims back and forth, no sure if he can find any place to hide. The rocks are closer and not as many bigger holes spaces in the rock to hide. Just wondering if I should have made a place for him to hide and sleep in? Or is he looking for his buddy? So sad. I still have 3 clowns and 2 Splendid Dottybacks.

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to marine but doing my rocks I made sure they had plenty of space to swim and holes for them to get into you have to cater for both in my opinion :)

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish hide on the reef, they have to feel at "home" in your tank. Give them someplace to hide and sleep.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of big gaps. Lots of small gaps. Lots of swimming space. Much easier said than done, but it's an ideal scenario!
It's possible that he is just looking for his friend. Some fish do develop friendships with other fish. There's plenty of stories out there of two fish that were inseparable for years, then one dies and the other one stops eating and dies within a few days/weeks :(
I would hazard a guess and say that he just wants to lay down and sleep though :)

OP
OP
markak

markak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed the Tang goes in behind the rock on one end of the tank and reapears out the other end. So if he can do that then he probaly has some where to hide and sleep.

OP
OP
markak

markak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been doing this for about an hour now. I hope he lives.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back