Does anyone know when the NARC meetups are coming back? What’s your opinions?

What’s your take on the meetups?

• Bring them back!

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Not just yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COVID concerns.

• Interested, but has to be social distanced.

• Total voters

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy to host, but it’s going to be months before I am ready. And my tank is in the garage…nothing fancy.

Water Bob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Time Posting. Some what a beginner. I had a 75g, 55g, and 30g saltwater back in my early 20's ( 1980s).I really have learned a lot from all of your posts. I have recently(03/21) started another setup and have acquired a herd of Aiptasia :(. Does anyone have any Berghia Nudibranchs locally I might could purchase? I live in Florence area but work in Madison.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Time Posting. Some what a beginner. I had a 75g, 55g, and 30g saltwater back in my early 20's ( 1980s).I really have learned a lot from all of your posts. I have recently(03/21) started another setup and have acquired a herd of Aiptasia :(. Does anyone have any Berghia Nudibranchs locally I might could purchase? I live in Florence area but work in Madison.
I bought some from ‘salty underground’ years ago. In my experience and from what I have seen a handful of times, nudis are great at first. Then they die. Then the aiptasia come back…but that may be good for what you need. Depending on your tank size and how new it is, it may be easier to reboot clean if the aiptasia are too much of an issue. I am the opposite of you…living in madison but likely going to be working in the shoals soon.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about aiptasia, I think you should give Molly Miller Blenny a try.

Here is an article about Molly Miller Blenny and aiptasia:

I used to have aiptasia in my 180 a number of years ago, but Molly Miller Blenny and a peppermint shrimp together wiped them out.

I read the article above before trying the fish, but what convinced me was Verdell's tank (Beaslbob's wife.) She added a Molly Miller Blenny and her nuisance algae and aiptasia were gone in a few weeks. I was amazed about the difference the fish made in her tank.

No more Kalkwasser paste, Aiptasia-X, or Aiptasia eating filefish who eats corals after finish eating all visible Aiptasia.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back