Don't shop at blue seas aquariums!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here's the story, my wife bought me a twin spot goby to replace my favorite starry blenny who decided to go carpet surfing, I brought in the dead fish and a seperate water sample in order to get a new fish "I didnt want my money back just a new fish"

Well they guy tested my water an tried telling me that my ph was at 7.6 which I know for a fact is BS, I tested my water that morning before I brought the dead fish and the water sample to the store and everything tested PERFECT!!

I tested my tank water myself before I brought it to them to test so that I knew what mt tank water was at so that they couldnt give me some garbage excuse and tell me that it was my water that kill my fish
My water tested as follows "on salifert kits btw"

Ph - 8.3
No3 - 0
No2 - 0
Po4 - 0
Salinity 1.023
Ca - 480
ALK - 9-10 it was kinda in the middle of the 2
NH3/NH4 - 0
My water was PERFECT, all of my fish are perfectly healthy, all of my corals are growing like crazy "even sps which would be the first to react to bad water

SO I bring in my water sample and the guy at the store tried telling my that my ph was 7.6!!! He also told me that my MH3/NH4 was off the charts as well as my No2 being sky high
Meanwhile while he was testing my water I happened to look in the tank where they were keeping the twin spot gobies and they had 4 dead twinspots...When I pointed this out to the guy his answer to me was "oh thats normal, we lose quite a few of those and I havent does a "stiff check yet this morning"

I think its BS that they are obviously having a problem with the twinspot gobies that they have yet they are trying to blame my tank and my water on the fact the the twin spot I bought dies within 8 hours of being put into the tank

Also FWIW I did a drip acclimation on this fish for 3 hours in order to get him properly acclimated to the tank to that there would be ZERO amount of stress on him

ALso I know he was not bullied in the tank because they only fish I currently have in the tank in a filamented flasher wrasse who doesnt bother ANYONE

So just wanted to vent as well as give a heads up DO NOT SHOP AT BLUE SEAS AQUARIUMS in sunrise Fl off of Sunrise BLVD and University drive!!

They are crooks and wont honor a dead fish when the tank it came from is obviously in perfect health and they have 4 dead fish of the same type sitting there in the tank just rotting away!!!

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty typical for almost every fish store I've been to, and I've rarely heard of a LFS replacing dead fish. For this reason I purchase all of my Fish from trusted online outlets. Also FYI: if you're not using a calibrated and regularly cleaned quality PH probe, your ph may not be as dialed as you might think, and there's also fluctuation when transporting water, lights on/ off etc.

OP
OP
T

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty typical for almost every fish store I've been to, and I've rarely heard of a LFS replacing dead fish. For this reason I purchase all of my Fish from trusted online outlets. Also FYI: if you're not using a calibrated and regularly cleaned quality PH probe, your ph may not be as dialed as you might think, and there's also fluctuation when transporting water, lights on/ off etc.
I literally live 5 minutes from this store so I highly doubt there was ANY change in the PH of the tank, none the less my NH3 and No2 being sky high, these are brand new salifert test kits that I used and I tested 3 times just to be safe that I wasnt getting a false reading

ALso pretty much EVERY store down here by me will give you 24-48 hours to get a new fish if you buy one from them and the fish dies as long as your water test good. So nothing I was asking for was out of the ordinary

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since R2R does not allow Vendor Feedback threads, outside of the Vendor Feedback forum, and since you've posted this in the Vendor Feedback forum, stating that you're posting it in multiple forums for the purpose of getting the word out to as many as possible, I'm going to close this thread. In the future, please keep Vendor Feedback to the appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 97 80.8%
  • Other.

Back