• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr Reef Quarantined Fish - Excellent and Repeat Customer

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to take some time to review my experience with Dr Reefs Quarantined Fish.

I started a new tank this year and wanted to do everything as close to perfect as possible as this is likely my final tank and hopefully will be a show piece in my family’s living room for years to come.

I have made 4 different orders with Dr Reef and I’m extremely happy with them

My first order I had an awesome royal gramma that is huge and fat and probably still my favorite fish in the tank. It’s active and rarely hides. I also ordered black ice bonded pair of clowns. They unfortunately sent me a different morph than I ordered. They responded to my email in under an hour and had it corrected immediately. They allowed me to keep the incorrect fish too (other option was to donate/trade to LFS). My wife kinda fell in love with those fish and I ended up buying her a small nano tank for her office where those fish are happily living now. I also ordered a clean up crew that seemed clean and healthy. A lot of those died but I suspect that was my fault

My second order I had another issue of a DOA fish. I’m not sure it was their fault as I live in Florida and the temperature difference from where they shipped from and to my house was quite different and UPS mishandled the package and it came late in the day. Once again though, they were quick to reply and offered a replacement with no resistance. The melanurus wrasse I got replaced is happy and healthy and eats like a pig - as does the coral beauty, watchman goby, and firefish.

Third order was perfect with an absolutely stunning whitetail bristletooth tang, foxface, and blenny as well some more inverts.

My forth and likely final fish order was for a yellow tail captive bred tang that is healthy looking and much more yellow than I’ve seen from other biota tangs at my LFS. It’s eating and happy. I also got another firefish for my wife’s nano, a Clark’s Damsel that is pretty chill so far, and fairy wrasse that is hopefully hiding as I haven’t seen it. I also got a clam from them that is way bigger than expected. I asked for the biggest one possible. Very pleased with it and it’s free of snails or any other visible disease.

Overall I’m extremely pleased with Dr Reef. Their communication and customer service was great. Not having to quarantine myself was definitely worth the price difference. They have a better selection from my LFS. While I would have liked to pick out the fish in person and quarantine myself, I just don’t have the time or space for it right now. The process with Dr Reef is much easier. It takes about 2-4 weeks to get your fish since they are treating it. I’m confident between the UV im running and their quarantine service that my tank is safe and will run for a long time.
Highly recommended and purchase with confidence.

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your detailed response and experience.
I am glad you had 4 orders and we were able to hit the mark on most all of them.
Regarding the clam 6" was the largest I was saving for my personal tank. Normally our clams are 2" but I saw your note and I decided to send you the 6" for same price appreciating you being a repeat customer.
Glad all worked out.

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I feel guilty taking your personal clam. It’s really nice. I would say you hit the mark on all of the orders. I think the issues I had could have happened with any vendor. The response and the way they were handled where were you guys really shined. Top notch customer servicer. Thank you again

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I feel guilty taking your personal clam. It’s really nice. I would say you hit the mark on all of the orders. I think the issues I had could have happened with any vendor. The response and the way they were handled where were you guys really shined. Top notch customer servicer. Thank you again
Lol don't feel guilty. My personal 500 gal tank sat in crate in my garage for 4 yrs and now for last 1.5 years built in wall with just sand in it.
I have had no time to get it started. So glad it went to a good home.
If you have any needs or concerns or issues please feel free to contact us.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back