DRC Bring-A-Frag, Get-A-Frag Hobbyist Only Swap

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're going to try something new this year and step back to the days when frag swaps were really just about trading with other hobbyists. (We will still have our big swap In September too, don't worry!) On May 27 from 10a - 1p, we will hold our First Annual Bring-A-Frag, Get-A-Frag Hobbyist Only Swap at William Penn High School.

There will be two parts to the swap: 1) Bring-a-frag, get-a-frag and 2) hobbyist swap. You can participate in one or both parts, it is up to you. Here is how it will work:

Admission: (fees apply to all attendees (including kids) regardless of which part(s) you participate in, this is to cover lunch)
$5 DRC Premium Members
$10 General Admission
$15 Become a DRC Premium Member (includes admission, save $5)

Bring-A-Frag, Get-A-Frag:
Participants will bring a coral of their choosing worth at least $25 (at hobbyist prices, not retail). Your coral will be placed inside a bag with a number and you will be given a raffle ticket. Once all of the corals are in, we will start drawing raffle tickets randomly from a hat. You will get to pick a numbered bag and we will put your ticket on it. No one will be able to touch the bags until after the drawings are completed. Once finished, you can claim your coral. You are welcome to trade with others, in fact we encourage it!

Golden Ticket Drawing:
To make things really interesting, DRC is going to purchase some larger and/or higher end corals. These corals will be part of a Golden Ticket Drawing done after the BAFGAF drawings. Only DRC Premium Members are invited to participate. Golden Tickets are $5 each. Expect some corals worth over $100. This will be a blind drawing with the corals hidden in numbered bags. We may list the corals before hand so you know what you could win.

Hobbyist Swap:
Like the good old days, this will be pretty informal. Folks will bring corals from their home tanks to sell or trade. Vendors are not allowed, this is hobbyists only. You can set up a tank if you’d like to, but please bring everything you need, including an extension cord. There is no fee to set up a tank. You can organize trades ahead of time using Fragswapper.com (http://fragswapper.com/setmeeting.asp?MeetingKey=208).

Lunch:
Probably pizza, but maybe hoagies. We’ll see what everyone is in the mood for Desserts, drinks and snacks will be provided too.

I hope to see you all there and that this becomes a great new DRC tradition!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back