Dumb hypothetical: If I were going to dose exactly 4 things. . . what should they be???

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am compelled to do things to my tank/add things to my water. . . it may not be helping/accelerating my coral growth. . . but it makes me feel better. My biggest problem is trying to sort the the millions of different foods, products, and additives. . .

Hypothetically if I were to dose 4 things 3-7 days a week in my mixed reef, what should they be?

in my mind I should ideally be feeding:

some sort of coral food
some sort of amino acids
algae food (I dose Chaeto Grow for my macros/chaeto)
and???

I already dose kalk and will continue to do so. And do water changes weekly

Please humor me. . . what 4 products would you feed/dose

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am compelled to do things to my tank/add things to my water. . . it may not be helping/accelerating my coral growth. . . but it makes me feel better. My biggest problem is trying to sort the the millions of different foods, products, and additives. . .

Hypothetically if I were to dose 4 things 3-7 days a week in my mixed reef, what should they be?

in my mind I should ideally be feeding:

some sort of coral food
some sort of amino acids
algae food (I dose Chaeto Grow for my macros/chaeto)
and???

I already dose kalk and will continue to do so. And do water changes weekly

Please humor me. . . what 4 products would you feed/dose

Only thing(s) I would dose are what are needed. Too much of something is just as bad as not enough. The phrase "love it to death" comes to mind...

BUT, ONE possible thing might by live phyto... corals will eat it, might help control other algae, and so without a lot more info on your water parameters and even more importantly if aquarium NEEDS something, vote phyto.

+1 vote RELAX - perhaps less caffeine in the human might help... it helps me when I cut back on my caffeine intake, esp going into the holidays...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back