Dwarf SeaHorse 3g Nano

Beast1961

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a dozen Dwarf SeaHorses about 5 weeks ago and made this nano tank for them.

It's a Odyssea 3g tank but holds 4g with the back filter area. The back divider was caulked in with silicone and didn't look that good so I took it out and cut some 1/4" plexy to fit. I also added a small divider so I could put a media bag of carbon before the water reaches the pump. The water flows threw the overflow then down threw some filter pads then threw a block of sponge filter media then threw holes drilled in the bottom of the plexy that separates the filters from the pump area then threw the carbon bag then gets pumped back into the display area...Whew, long sentence.

I poured an Epoxy bottom and sprinkled small shells for a false sea bed but then decided to put a shallow sand bed with more shell on top.
Before adding the sand and shell I cut up some small fake water plant and super glued the around the bottom to give them some hitching posts. I also added a small piled of LR ruble to give pods to live and breed and for more bacteria area to grow.

I also added a small Catilina Goby to help clean up the baby brine shrimp that is the only thing the horses eat...Well that and small pods.There both cool water animals so they will like to 74 degree temp I keep the tank at. The goby grows to about an 1 1/2" to 2" and the ponies only get to about an 1 1/2" to 2" max.

The snow you see in the tank are the BBS I feed the all.

Well, What do you think??
Rick

Sea Horses013.jpg

Sea Horses014.jpg

Sea Horses016.jpg

Sea Horses018.jpg

Sea Horses020.jpg

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is one awesome lil tank...having any trouble feeding the horses? are they taking prepared foods

OP
OP
Beast1961

Beast1961

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep 2 bottles Of brine shrimp hatching every other day. From what I've read that's all they eat, That and rotifers.

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh.. i dont know much about the dwarfts... cause i have seen the bigger types that have been completely weined to prepared mysis and brine...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back