Eco ray led

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used them but a lfs started carrying them and has them over 4 of his tanks. He loves them and said he considered several brands of led before he chose those. He also said he tried a few other and settled on those. I haven't looked at them that closely yet cause I just upgraded my MH not long ago.

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But the big question is....

Will they last 50,000 hours?

Honestly I have not looked into them but will do some homework.

Bill

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see how they can get that kind of par? Wonder what brand leds it has?

I must be the optics however this will reduce spread.

I looked over the reef builders add and it seems that they are driving the 1 watt LEDs at full power I'm curious on what specific LEDs they are using and how hot the housing gets. I've asked several manufacturers this question and non of the less expensive Chinese manufacturers would say. To me this is a buyers beware.

I have not seen this one over a stocked tank but have seen a lot of 1 watt LEDs over tanks at Frag Swaps and the Evoloution from ReefKoi is the only one I like.

Bill

Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered both and finally settled on Ecoray. I have lots of SPS and Evolution just doesn't produce enough PAR, nowhere near what Ecoray is producing. Housing never gets hot at all. I have seen other LED units with heat sink that's a lot hotter than this one. Also, Evolution uses powdercoated steel housing. Ecoray uses all aluminium housing. If you don't want to see corrosion, you need aluminium.

MyLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major design flaw was a total lack of a heat sink; Hands on with the Ecoray 60 LED reef light

the heat will reduce the life span of the LEDs. And at $299 you could get the reefkoi evolution units which have multiple fans and a respectable heat sink.

+1

No heatsink means a shorter lifespan. It also looks like the focus of the lights is too narrow. Not bad if you want to spend little $.

DeL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys..im new to this site..but a veteran on other sites..i have 2 eco ray 60 LEDs over my 72 gallon bow. i LOVE them!! great growth and colors from my SPS. milles, acros, montis, stags, validas. you can check out the pics on my profile. feel free to message me for any questions.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back