• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ecotech is this really how you treat your customers?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had sent in a Gen 4 XR30W light that was only 18 months old and two mp40 powerheads that one stopped working and the other would not connect to my reeflink.

I own 3 Gen 4 XR30W's along with the two mp40 powerheads. I sent ecotech an email asking for an RMA so I could have them looked at. After waiting two weeks after I had shipped them with no word back I decided to call and check.

This is their response. Sorry we tried calling you and never heard back. Really? I never recieved a call. I asked what number they called and unfortunately they did not know? Really? Ok, whatever.

Anyway what about the lights and powerheads. Then I am told unfortunately the light has water damage and that is not covered under my warranty. Along with one mp40 had dry side damage and that is not covered either but they will swap me a new one for $240. On top of that it will be $450 to replace the light only and that they could find nothing wrong with the other powerhead and I need to pay return shipping to get it back.

I will add their email replies below.

OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is top notch customer service. Thanks for nothing Ecotech.

Screenshot_20190926-182029_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20190926-182151_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20190926-182127_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20190926-190034_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20190926-182316_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they want $875 and refuse to wait until next week for me to pay. I refuse to believe that Ecotech is that sorry after taking so much money from me. You should be ashamed.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder;

This thread is in vendor feedback. Outside comments are not permitted with exception to linking to your own feedback thread in regards to the same vendor.

Thanks,

Crabs

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back