ECOTECH VECTRA PUMPS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI All ! I am in the process of upgrading my pumps to a pair of VECTRA L1's , Is there any way for the PROFILUX to interface with them ? Also I have a pair of GYRES with the APEX interface module , I am guessing since it is a 0-10V signal , connection to the interface module would be possible?

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this time, Vectras cannot be controlled by ProfiLux.

Gyre pumps can be controlled using our LBF-AP box. You will need this GHL accessory and the Icecap module.

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI All ! I am in the process of upgrading my pumps to a pair of VECTRA L1's , Is there any way for the PROFILUX to interface with them ? Also I have a pair of GYRES with the APEX interface module , I am guessing since it is a 0-10V signal , connection to the interface module would be possible?
As Vinny mentioned, the Vectras cannot be controlled by the ProfiLux - however that is due to Ecotech's design, they don't allow anyone else to control their pumps, none of the other controller manufacturers can either.

I've been running a Gyre on my Profilux for months, works well. I can post a screenshot of the settings later this evening when I'm home.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single LBF-AP box can control two channels. With that, you can control 2 Gyre pumps per LBF-AP box.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single LBF-AP box can control two channels. With that, you can control 2 Gyre pumps per LBF-AP box.

I've been snooping around in the GHL forum and came across a couple threads where users were asking for more options and controllability of the GYRE pump , has this issue been rectified ? presently I am running a pair of XF 150 Gyres with the intention to add a pair of the new 200 series soon ! having GOOD control would be important with four of those pumps in my 320.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been snooping around in the GHL forum and came across a couple threads where users were asking for more options and controllability of the GYRE pump , has this issue been rectified ? presently I am running a pair of XF 150 Gyres with the intention to add a pair of the new 200 series soon ! having GOOD control would be important with four of those pumps in my 320.
@Dumaurier7 - specifically which options are you looking for? I've seen threads with folks asking for options to control RD3 pumps, when the functionality was there all along... ;)

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, the normal stuff! Ramp up , day , pulse , feed , evening and night mode . Nothing much[emoji51]

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that and more is already offered by the ProfiLux. :)

You can set the times you want night mode to run and end. Set wave patterns to right-angled or sinus waves. Set several different mode options such as Sequence, Surge, Random, etc. Feed mode is another option.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current steam control feature as it stands provides you with many flow control options.

Here's a sample screenshot of the options available to you:
Stream groups.JPG

ProfiLux offers 7 different modes and 2 wave pattern settings. These modes can be customized to have your Gyre pumps behave how you want them to.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji106][emoji844]I'm loving it already...........please take your time and hurry up and release the P4[emoji844]

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Instead of working with the VECTRA driver , it may be easier to replace the driver all together with a controllable interface like ICECAP did with the MAXSPECT GYRE pump (hint!)

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of working with the VECTRA driver , it may be easier to replace the driver all together with a controllable interface like ICECAP did with the MAXSPECT GYRE pump (hint!)
I run a DC pump, one that is externally controllable; the Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 - 80w :)
Doesn't have the heat issues I'm hearing about from friends that run the Vectras, and is much quieter.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a DC pump, one that is externally controllable; the Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 - 80w :)
Doesn't have the heat issues I'm hearing about from friends that run the Vectras, and is much quieter.

It is a better pump no doubt but at twice the price of the Vectra.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a better pump no doubt but at twice the price of the Vectra.

.......Also one of the options which attracted me to the VECTRA is the fact that it features a "plug and play" battery back up ! .......hmmmmm , I why other manufacturers don't go through the trouble to develop an essential feature like this ?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want a propriety "plug and play" battery for your return pump, and one for your flow pumps, and one for your x,y,z - why not just put the tank on a battery as a whole, and use the Emergency Power/Out feature of the P4 to selectively turn certain thing on/off when power is out? :D

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want a propriety "plug and play" battery for your return pump, and one for your flow pumps, and one for your x,y,z - why not just put the tank on a battery as a whole, and use the Emergency Power/Out feature of the P4 to selectively turn certain thing on/off when power is out? :D

Because power outages are unpredictable when regarding length , the back up "proprietry" battery works with the item which as it can be slowed down or pulsed in order to prolong the battery life, I have also never seen a battery thats big enough and in the vectras case it needs to be 24V. I know a computer UPS is commonly used but how long will it last with motors running off it ? I specifically remember mine warning that it is not for use with electric motors. If one looks at it seriously all that is needed during any power outage would be flow and maybe cooling or heating depending on where youre' located , this is why I have two batterys one for the VECTRA and one on the GYRE.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the P4 adjust (not just switch off ) any output when it senses a power outage?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back