Eggs? Pest?

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since my tank crash 3 weeks ago new and strange things keep appearing. Just had to move my tang, who has been healthy all along and only 1 of three fish anyway, to copper treatment for strange lesions that appeared (see photo)

And now this morning these strange white round blobs are on the back wall. Only recent additions were snails I purchased from Reefcleaners 3 days ago.
27245E18-4C47-4C15-9D9E-094C1318B24C.jpeg
4FC4ED10-1D21-45B8-8CB6-4AAFF7B4AA87.jpeg
6380B81F-D2CB-489D-AF35-E72835605FE4.jpeg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small white hard spots on the glass im not sure about the tang though..im sorry good thing is the tang looks healthy and that just happened and your acting quick im sure everything will be fine and someone will give you some better information

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were mine from nerite snails I got rid of them from my display because it made the glass harder to clean, I put them in the sump but then one made it back to the locline return and clogged it, then I got rid of them completely.

Do they look like this? And you can see after i scraped it there was a halo effect where it was.
1658061334161.png

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small white hard spots on the glass im not sure about the tang though..im sorry good thing is the tang looks healthy and that just happened and your acting quick im sure everything will be fine and someone will give you some better information
Thanks. He’s doing good in the hospital tank. Friendly as always and attacking his Nori with fervor. The spots have gone already but I’m just going to do like a full 30 day run of the copper and then maybe some Pratzi. Clowns seem fine. I had actually just set up and cycled that tank in June because we’re upgrading to a 110 gallon tank and I had wanted to QT some new fish so everyone could be added to the new big tank at once but so far that plan has not unfolded. Maybe next weekend I’ll go down to The Fish Store and try to find some to add to the QT. I hate to move stuff over to my new tank if there are problems but I’ve had this one going for 18 months with no issues and all of a sudden idk what’s happening

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were mine from nerite snails I got rid of them from my display because it made the glass harder to clean, I put them in the sump but then one made it back to the locline return and clogged it, then I got rid of them completely.

Do they look like this? And you can see after i scraped it there was a halo effect where it was.
1658061334161.png
They do look like this. They’re on the back wall and the white lights aren’t on yet. We have all this nasty brown film algae I’m trying to get rid of

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do look like this. They’re on the back wall and the white lights aren’t on yet. We have all this nasty brown film algae I’m trying to get rid of
Well I can't say for sure about yours, but in mine those were from nerite snails that's all I had and Trochus snails(my fav) I only had 5 it was easy...good luck it sounds like a good plan and great way to upgrade tanks

Back