Elimini NP and Elimini Phos Rapid togheter - is it possibile?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,
after the problems in the past for low phosphates, now it is the opposite!
I dosed for some months Phos Feed TM, at the beginning the value of PO4 was always zero but it rised in a few days to 0.40 - 0.5 mg/l.
Probably the rocks and the sand (DSB) assorbed it.
I dosed Elimini Phos Rapid TM.
Slowly (in 2 weeks) I have bring the PO4 to 0,15 but if I stop Elimini Phos Rapid it rise, also if I dose Elimini NP or Bacto Balance TM.

My question is, can I dose Elimini NP or Bacto Balance together to Elimini Phos Rapid?

Thank you

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to dose Elimi-Phos Rapid? Do you see adverse effects of the higher phosphate concentrations oder do you want to do it just for the numbers?

In my experience, usually more damage is done with the measures against high phosphate concentrations than the high phosphate concentrations themselves. What makes it even more problematic, frequently problems caused solely by the measures frequently are adscribed to the high phosphate concentrations.

Since Phos-Feed contains phosphate particles insoluble in saltwater, the adsorption by rocks and sand is no sufficient explanation because still phosphate would remain particulate and undissolved at the rocks and in the sand. Another event must have happened that lowered pH locally and in this way dissolved phosphate or whatever.

An alternative explanation would be that you measured particles that are suspended in the water, if there is some cloudiness in the water, for example from stirring up sediment.

Maybe you have an explanation for the sudden release of phosphate from phosphate particles insoluble in saltwater.

OP
OP
bandando

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t check the PH continuatly but when I do the test the value is always more to 8.00.

About the particulate, water is always clear, I don’t know.

I decided to dose Elimini Phos Rapid because the corals had gotten much worse.
Now, with phosphate under 0,2 the situation is much better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back