Eshopps In-Sump Nano Protein Skimmer

dlichtii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in purchasing the Eshopps In-Sump Nano Protein Skimmer for my tank setup which will be a Fiji 32G Ext. I am also building a sump using a 15 gallon Aqueon tank which will hold about 8 gallons making total water volume 40G. I know the skimmer is only rated up to 35g however I heard you would rather go smaller than bigger with skimmers. Additionally, I don't want a big sump with more water change so space is a premium. So I guess I have two questions: Do you think the collection cup is going to fill up too fast and has anyone investated manufacturing a bigger cup or adding and additional collection cup to it?

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in purchasing the Eshopps In-Sump Nano Protein Skimmer for my tank setup which will be a Fiji 32G Ext. I am also building a sump using a 15 gallon Aqueon tank which will hold about 8 gallons making total water volume 40G. I know the skimmer is only rated up to 35g however I heard you would rather go smaller than bigger with skimmers. Additionally, I don't want a big sump with more water change so space is a premium. So I guess I have two questions: Do you think the collection cup is going to fill up too fast and has anyone investated manufacturing a bigger cup or adding and additional collection cup to it?
Most people add a line to the bottom of the collection cup that drains to a different reservoir.

OP
OP
D

dlichtii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I was thinking as well. I just was not sure it that was acceptable. Meaning it wouldn't mess up the bubble process.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back