Established Reef Tank (Red Sea Reefer 625XXL) Moving Sale: $3k!!!

EddieC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to sell my 5-year-old, established reef tank (with all the goodies) in 1 shot. I have to relocate rather quickly for a new job so pricing aggressively as this tank has to go!

The Tank:

• Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL in black which is a 165 gallon tank and heavy. So bring a truck and buddies!
  • 40-gallon long tank made into a sump with baffles
  • Custom black stand made by local wood worker and painted to match
  • The tank has a small chip in the front which has been repaired. I’ve kept a digital thermostat over it to cover the additional black caulk
  • Separate ATO holding tank fits in the cabinet

Equipment:

• Reef Octopus Classic 225 Space Saver Skimmer.
  • Apex Controller with energy bar and all probes
  • Additional Apex EB8 Energy Bar
  • 2 different Apex DOS’s (4 pumps..I use 1 for dosing Alk and Cal and the other for automatic water changes)
  • Apex Dual Reservoir
  • Tunze Osmolator Auto Top Off System
  • Mixing station which includes 2 50 gallon drums with external pump. Use primarily to fill up top off tank and for automatic water changes but can be used for manual water changes as well.
  • 2 Jebao SCP 70 Sine Gyres and Jebao wavemaker (I forget which model). On 1 of the gyres only half of it works and should be replaced.
  • Test kits which include 2 Hanna Checkers (Phosphate and Alk)
  • GFO/Carbon Reactor
  • Fish Guys 5 stage RODI unit with Digital TDS Meter

Lighting is a T5 LED Combo for the best of both worlds! It includes:

• Aquatic Life 61” T5/ LED Combo with 4 T5 lights
  • 3 Kessil AP700 lights!

Coral:

• Giant Red Montipora that is shelving and the centerpiece of the tank. Serval pieces have fallen off and are starting to grow separately
  • Blue encrusting Montipora (I believe… it’s been a while)
  • Green Star Polyps
  • Pink Stylophora (again, I believe) that has grown like a weed all over the tank. This has started blenching recently but is coming back
  • Hammer Coral I count 15 heads
  • Large Red Acan
  • Green Duncan coral

Fish:

• Salfin Tang
  • Yellow Tank (yes the tangs get along. Have lived together for years)
  • Male and Female Clark’s Clownfish
  • Chromis
  • 3 female and 1 male Lyretail Antias

The tank also includes about 200 lbs of live rock and live sand although I would dump the sand and start fresh.

If you price everything out, you’ll see this is a very good deal (lights alone were more than what I’m asking) but it just has to go quickly. Really hoping to not have to part everything out as I just don’t have the time.

Over the last 6 months, the tank hasn’t received the attention it deserves as I’ve been crazy busy traveling for work and have struggled to keep up with it. Because of this, I’m now battling a little hair algae. I’ve started to run carbon and GFO and have been keeping up with maintenance in the hopes of cleaning it up for a quick sale but as a buyer, I would dump anything with hair algae prior to setting it back up.

Happy to answer any questions, provide any additional information, or have anyone over to check it out.

Pictures were all taken 1/15/24 and are current.

Thanks for looking!

Ed

Acan 1.jpg Acan 2.jpg Duncan 1.jpg Full Tank Day.jpg Full Tank Dusk.jpg Full Tank Night.jpg Full Tank Zoomed In.jpg Full Tank Zoomed Out.jpg Green Star Polyps.jpg Hammer 1.jpg Hammer and Acan.jpg Pink SPS.jpg Red Monti.jpg RODI.jpg Sailfin and Yellow Tangs.jpg Sailfing Tang Best.jpg TDS Out.jpg Top Down Pic.jpg Water Changing Station 2.jpg Apex.jpg DOS Plus.jpg DOS.jpg EB8.jpg FMV.jpg Hannna Checkers.jpg Lighting 2.jpg Lighting.jpg LSM.jpg More Apex.jpg Reactor.jpg Skimmer.jpg

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very interested in both of the tangs if you decide to part out. Some corals too

Where in CT are you?

OP
OP
E

EddieC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in New Fairfield, CT.

How about all of the coral and fish lol?

In all seriousness, sure. Happy to let you grab what you'd like if I end up having to part out.

OP
OP
E

EddieC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump!!! $2500 OBO

Happy to sell all the fish and coral for $1k OBO if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
E

EddieC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump! Update: This is actually a Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 tank (it's been a while since I set it up).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back