• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Estimate price for a used aquamaxx fc-280 in sump protein skimmer

Shawna Solomon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have recently downsized from a 125 to a 60-gallon tank. I have an aquamaxx FC-280 protein skimmer that I purchased for 329 and used for about a month that I am looking to sell. I do not know what to price it at. It was only used for that long because it is rated for a 420 light bioload and a 240 heavy bioload tank and to be honest it way over skimmed my tank and started to mess up my nutrient balance so I stopped using it. It is about 6 months old but was not in use for that long. I still have the original box (maybe not the instructions though) and of course all of the pieces and it still works. I tested it out in my kitchen sink the other day. What do you think is reasonable? Also, I am looking to sell a Jebao dosing pump with 4 heads, the box, and it comes with an extra head as well. I will throw the dosing container in with that purchase for free so don't include that in an estimate pricing, please.

Thank you in advance.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Other.

Back