ESV B-ionic advice

Bluespottedjawfish1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am a new member and are requesting some advice.
I have a 250gallon double bow front peninsular aquarium and it is a mixed reef tank.
I have recently moved over from Aquaforest 3 part dosing system to the ESV B-ionic and am struggling to find the correct dose amount.
I have the 8 gallon kit which required dilution of the concentrate. My alkalinity has been steadily reducing from 8.5 dkh to around 6.00. I have started with the recommended 1ml/ 4 gallons but have been steadily upping the amount for each component. At 450ml/ day now.
Does anyone have any insight to the correct dose?
I am using the bubblemagus equipment and are dosing in 1 hour increments, 5 minutes between each component dose.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def double check your math on the calculator.
Your depletion rate will be load specific.

http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

Look for this on the aqua forest alk.

Esv Component A - Carbonate Alkalinity: 2800 meq/liter (7840 dKH). 1 ml per gallon of aquarium water will raise alkalinity by 0.74 meq/liter (2.07 dKH)

If the DKH increases is lower per callon the AF was weaker and you will need more. If it is the same , use the same , If it was stronger use less.

Dose all equally.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You have to balance it from The AF dosages you were using. I would start low (short of dosage) and increase mils based on water testing until you reach desired levels. I have had luck with AF products and continue to use them.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back