Excited to start my first Marine tank, but…..

NickB73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Just starting my Marine journey, kept tropical for a number of years, but decided now’s the time to expand into saltwater :) \

I’ve just bought a Reefsys 326 tank, apart from the light (TMC V2i Illuminaire) and the Skimmer (Deltec dont know what model), I am going to be starting off with mainly Jebao equipment (Pump, Wave Maker, Gyre on its way, STO and Dose Pump for the future), my temp control is via InkBird and two titanium heaters and finally I have an Eheim dual chamber Auto Feeder.

I’ve got Live Sand ready and live (dead) rock, my NSW delivery is next week.

So excited to start my journey and to get the tank cycled.

Just a couple of quick questions, pic isn’t great, but is the old and used Deltec skimmer any good, or would I better off with a budget one for the time being until I can save up and get much nicer high end equipment?

Also for those of you that do use Jebao, I am really struggling with the WiFi pairing, doesn’t matter if my phone is on airplane mode, my router set to 2.4ghz only. It just wont work, the pump has ‘paired and shows connected but doesn’t come up in the app. Anyone found a way round this?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why you can't use the Deltec skimmer. I personally do not use skimmers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back