Experience Using AI Prime Reef with Macroalgae

natattack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am planning a macro algae/rock flower anemone species aquarium and I wanted some advice on tuning my AI Prime HD to satisfy both of their needs. I think I am going to stick to caulerpa and some dragon's breath for the macroalgae.

Anyone have experience with this or could recommend a good setting? It is an Waterbox 16 aquarium. I know people use the AI Prime Freshwater to grow macro algae but I bought the reef version for the anemones.

Thanks!

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am planning a macro algae/rock flower anemone species aquarium and I wanted some advice on tuning my AI Prime HD to satisfy both of their needs. I think I am going to stick to caulerpa and some dragon's breath for the macroalgae.

Anyone have experience with this or could recommend a good setting? It is an Waterbox 16 aquarium. I know people use the AI Prime Freshwater to grow macro algae but I bought the reef version for the anemones.

Thanks!
Just tune it more white than you would for reef

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plants typically use blue light and red light tuning it more white would probably add more red/green to the mix which should do well. I wouldnt decrease the blues at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back