Fading fin color

beetlejuicebabes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fading fin color and some bits out of my clownfish’s fins. Eating and acting normal though. It’s gotten slightly worse over the past couple days. This one is slightly larger than the other clown I have. Been together since day one, I never see them nipping at each other.

No new tank mates, parameters and temp normal.

Other tank mates include lawnmower blenny who keeps to himself, the second clown, and some snails and hermits.
Other fish are fine with zero indication of injury or disease. What can this be? I’m so sad.
I should clarify the photos aren’t the best but it is not white fuzz or any white substance. It’s as if the fins and tail and literally going transparent. Nothing on the body or face.

CE4DB8B4-B947-41B3-ACB3-3C7B737A96B9.png

Last edited:

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are those clowns the same size? if so, they could be fighting to become the female or are both female. although that doesn't look like battle damage to me. Any other symptoms? and, have they been getting along?

OP
OP
B

beetlejuicebabes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are those clowns the same size? if so, they could be fighting to become the female or are both female. although that doesn't look like battle damage to me. Any other symptoms? and, have they been getting along?
The one with fin fading is ever so slightly larger. I’ve not seen them ever pick at each other and the tank is on my office desk and I spend a lot of time next to them. The two of them are constantly together and always have been, they still sleep together too.

No other symptoms, eating, swimming, and acting as perfectly normal as it ever was. There’s also no fading , spots or trauma on her body, face, or mouth. Just tips of some of her fins. The back dorsal and pectoral fins are totally unaffected. The other two fish are also unaffected.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one with fin fading is ever so slightly larger. I’ve not seen them ever pick at each other and the tank is on my office desk and I spend a lot of time next to them. The two of them are constantly together and always have been, they still sleep together too.

No other symptoms, eating, swimming, and acting as perfectly normal as it ever was. There’s also no fading , spots or trauma on her body, face, or mouth. Just tips of some of her fins. The back dorsal and pectoral fins are totally unaffected. The other two fish are also unaffected.
okay, if it worsens QT and further evaluate symptoms, maybe treat for fin rot

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back