February reef meeting Saturday feb. 23

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, thanks to David and Mike for the "frozen chunk of food on the top of the MP10" trick. Used it twice now and that is excellent!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW, thanks to David and Mike for the "frozen chunk of food on the top of the MP10" trick. Used it twice now and that is excellent!

Haha sweet! Glad it's working for you!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a great meeting! I had a great time, too. Thank you for organizing the meeting, Nancy and Mercel. Great presentation, Mike. It was great that Rev and his family could join us! It was also great to see you so many of you, there. I wish I could connect people's faces and names, but I am not very good at that. We need to make an album with the pictures of NARC members and his/her tanks.

>the "frozen chunk of food on the top of the MP10" trick<

I missed hearing about this one. Do you just place a chunk of frozen food on top?

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>the "frozen chunk of food on the top of the MP10" trick<

I missed hearing about this one. Do you just place a chunk of frozen food on top?

Well, yeah it is that simple. Just place a cube of frozen food on top of the MPXX, and the flow will hold it in place as it dissolves, and slowly releases the food into the water column. (with an MP40, might not be all that slow). Particularly good with frozen mysis, I might add. I place the pumps in feed mode (20%) first.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back