!!!FIRST IMPRESSIONS, THIS MAY BE A LOT OF FUN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So a good friend sent me a quick vid of his new Deltec, completely unsolicited and was really more asking about how it all looked. But the inflection and excitement of what he said was as pure and real as it gets, and it got me thinking...

It's something that can only happen once, but the moment you are first introduced to your new Deltec, is somewhat magical, and is an occasion I'd like to start documenting. With your help!

So what I am really asking, is for any new Deltec owners out there, to shoot a vid of your initial impression when you fire up that skimmer for the first time, and record whatever comes out. Then please send it to me. My intentions are to compile massive collection of short first impression vids to add to the channel! If you've already got one, no problem. I'd still love to include a vid from you with your skimmer:)

Here is the first of many I hope, and I think it captures the sense of delight perfectly.

Rogergolf66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my first impression was not so good. It needed to break in badly. I even sent a video of how bad it was to deltec.... But after 3 day wow impressive skimmer!!! I'm running the 902 it's amazing!!!!

I tied to upload vid but didn't work :(

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well my first impression was not so good. It needed to break in badly. I even sent a video of how bad it was to deltec.... But after 3 day wow impressive skimmer!!! I'm running the 902 it's amazing!!!!

I tied to upload vid but didn't work :(

Hey Roger!

That was me man we chatted a little last weekend. I'm delighted to hear its doing better. The 902 is truly one of the greatest skimmers ever made. I have a fondness for that thing that runs deep. I still have my old 902, and I'd never, ever get rid of it at this point. But hey, if you can shoot another simple phone vid, and send it my way, I'll be able to work with it no problem:)

Thanks for chiming in!

Last edited:

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant go wrong with Deltec. I've only used Deltec skimmers and they have done wonders for my systems. My Ap851 has been running for 11 years with zero issues. I have my eye on a smaller Deltec skimmer as the one I currently employ is much too powerful for my setup. I highly recommend Deltec.

MOPAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Deltec sc1350 last Friday and I am impressed. It is very silent and skimming nicely. I hope to break it in and dial it in over the next week or so. But I am very happy I went with a Deltec over the other options I was considering. It makes my reef octopus sound like a train. Thanks Adam!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got my Deltec sc1350 last Friday and I am impressed. It is very silent and skimming nicely. I hope to break it in and dial it in over the next week or so. But I am very happy I went with a Deltec over the other options I was considering. It makes my reef octopus sound like a train. Thanks Adam!

Excellent! The 1350 is a sweet little skimmer!

Feel free to go ahead and shoot a quick vid and send it my way:)

beadlocked450r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know doug(he WAS the only importer of deltec) from deltec he is a customer of mine , he lives not that far from me. About 2 yrs ago i met him and he was setting up a small tank at his house and i hooked him up with my neighbor who had a ton of corals that he was selling. Well long story short instead of buy corals they did a trade. Doug traded a brand new skimmer in the box for alot of live stock. Well somthing happened the the plastic of the skimmer from sitting at dougs house. The plastic got very brittle and it cracked while it was in the sump. Lomg story short i or he is not and have not been impressed with their products. I hope they are better built and made with better materials.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know doug(he WAS the only importer of deltec) from deltec he is a customer of mine , he lives not that far from me. About 2 yrs ago i met him and he was setting up a small tank at his house and i hooked him up with my neighbor who had a ton of corals that he was selling. Well long story short instead of buy corals they did a trade. Doug traded a brand new skimmer in the box for alot of live stock. Well somthing happened the the plastic of the skimmer from sitting at dougs house. The plastic got very brittle and it cracked while it was in the sump. Lomg story short i or he is not and have not been impressed with their products. I hope they are better built and made with better materials.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for the post. Sorry to hear it though. Sounds like a very odd issue. Something definitely way outside of the norm for sure. I know its been a while, and I'm not sure if he took it up with Doug or not already, but if you want to have your friend get in touch with me I'd be happy to discuss what may have happened and if there's anything I can do for him.

spsfrag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had the skimmer and it cracked around the tube. I contacted Doug and he didn't have a replacement body so I glued and siliconed it to use it. Then had issues with the pump not starting. Every time power would cycle the pump wouldn't work. I had to blow into the air tube every time. Became annoying so it has sat on the shelf since. I now use an octopus. Seemed to work at removing a lot just no support for it.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I had the skimmer and it cracked around the tube. I contacted Doug and he didn't have a replacement body so I glued and siliconed it to use it. Then had issues with the pump not starting. Every time power would cycle the pump wouldn't work. I had to blow into the air tube every time. Became annoying so it has sat on the shelf since. I now use an octopus. Seemed to work at removing a lot just no support for it.

Well crap man that sucks. Sorry for trouble. I'm sending a PM your way right now. Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got another vid done. Here's 1351! Rated for up to 130 gallons.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the skimmer running for 4 days now and oh my it's amazing. It is the quietest skimmer I have ever owned even at 100% pump speed. I hear absolutely no noise coming from the silencer. I hear absolutely no noise coming from the pump. Even when I take the lid off the skimmer it is super quiet! Oh and btw, I dont have to add a powerhead to my sump because it eventually cleaned my whole sump. Big time bonus!

whatchamacallit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the water height recommended for them? And what skimmer would you recommend for a 45 gallon mixed reef? Currently have a Nyos 120 on the tank.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is running at 8". I wont know what pump setting I can run at until the unit fully breaks in. Its running at 6/8 speed right now and the water control valve is 100% open. I sent Adam another video of the skimmer at 4 days. I hope he posts it for you. The skimmate it's collecting right now is very nice!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a new one for 1455! Thanks again Eric!

And please, keep sending me your vids!

ECreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was over at Daryl's the other weekend, and he made sure to show me the skimmer! Looks awesome for the size and definitely skims like a beast. Looks like I will have to invest some day :)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1037.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back