OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is now at 2ppm and added the first dose of metro. Will increase copper to 2.5 tomorrow.

One of the clown is not eating much. Chromis and the other clown is doing just fine. I'm hatching some brine shrimp to see if that will be the clown going.

Chromis being chromis, they start picking on each other (nothing unusual). Hopefully i still have 5 at the end of the QT.

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your reef tank coming along? I am contemplating buying the WB AIO 65.4 too. Am currently wondering if two AI Prime 16HD lights will be sufficient, or that I need a third puck.

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't update this thread for a long time. Tank is up and running. Fully plumb to the RODI and drain. My mixing station is under the tank. No more hauling bucket of water.

As for light, i went with Reefi Uno. Im still waiting for it. Sorry, i have no idea if 2 Prime is sufficient.

Waterbox just release the peninsular version of this tank. i would have gotten that instead. Of course, this is not an option back in Nov.

The main advantage of the peninsular version is you have full 20" wide. My tank is only 15-16" wide due to the rear chamber. It really limit the aquascape.

Attachments

• IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 209

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the peninsula version as well! I even opened up a thread regarding the new peninsula AIO versions. However, I am wondering if limited chamber space on the peninsula variant would be sufficient. Do your rear chambers provide enough space for equipment?

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the peninsula version as well! I even opened up a thread regarding the new peninsula AIO versions. However, I am wondering if limited chamber space on the peninsula variant would be sufficient. Do your rear chambers provide enough space for equipment?

Depend on your setup. I have tunze 9004 and heater on one chamber. Another chamber is for media. More than enough for my needs. If you want to do fuge, then its pretty tight.

The chamber is pretty big. 4.7" x 48" for the entire rear sump. Its a lot of wasted space if you ask me. Peninsular have smaller chambers. As long as it can fit a skimmer, some media and heater, thats all i need.

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depend on your setup. I have tunze 9004 and heater on one chamber. Another chamber is for media. More than enough for my needs. If you want to do fuge, then its pretty tight.

The chamber is pretty big. 4.7" x 48" for the entire rear sump. Its a lot of wasted space if you ask me. Peninsular have smaller chambers. As long as it can fit a skimmer, some media and heater, thats all i need.

I see. I am considering a Tunze 9004 skimmer, 2 heaters, 2 return pumps and a media chamber (regular 65.4 AIO). Perhaps an ATO - of which I'm unsure as of now. Not looking to run a fuge though.

I too like the increase in display tank volume - a peninsula design would fit well into my room too. How badly does the regular 65.4 limit the aquascape? Do you have a top down picture perhaps?

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. I am considering a Tunze 9004 skimmer, 2 heaters, 2 return pumps and a media chamber (regular 65.4 AIO). Perhaps an ATO - of which I'm unsure as of now. Not looking to run a fuge though.

I too like the increase in display tank volume - a peninsula design would fit well into my room too. How badly does the regular 65.4 limit the aquascape? Do you have a top down picture perhaps?

You should have more than enough room in the 65.4 AIO. I have the Tunze 3155 ATO.

Here you go. If peninsular fit well in your room, go for it. i wished i had that option back in Nov

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 223

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have more than enough room in the 65.4 AIO. I have the Tunze 3155 ATO.

Here you go. If peninsular fit well in your room, go for it. i wished i had that option back in Nov
Thanks for the pictures! I'm seriously considering the peninsula version. However, not many people have reviewed it yet. I'm moving into my new house in ~10-12 months so I have got some time left to decide.

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank coming along Newfly? I'm curious!
Not much update in the last couple of weeks. I have the first batch of fish (4 chromis + 2 clowns) in the tank. Second batch in QT and the final batch (kole tang) is on order ( from drreefsquarantinedfish).

All equipment is working as expected minus the light. The Reefi Uno unit is still pending shipment.

I'm going to take it slow anyway, so no light is fine for the time being. My goal is to add coral 6 months after the tank setup. So i'm looking at summer time. Hoping to get through most of the ugly stage before the coral.

I have been extremely busy at work, so didn;t have too much time to fool around with the tank. Nothing much to do anyway.

I found a neat trick for mechanical filtration. The 2.75inch filter sock is a pain to clean because its so small and this tank have 4. I cut a piece of filter pad, and just lay it on top of the filter sock holder. It seems to work. the pad trap most of waste, and its very easy to rinse out the pad.

Again, i would have gone with the Peninsular version. But its not an option now.

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my first water change today. It was a breeze! Turn on the drain pump for a few mins. Then turn on the fill pump! Easy. I drain a bit too much, and have to mix a small second batch of saltwater. I will get the hang of it after a few tries. Good thing is Tropic Marine Salt mix really quickly. A couple of hours and i'm done.

Mixing saltwater involved turning on the RODI valve, set timer for 30mins. After 30mins, add 3.5 cups of salt and turn on the mixing pump. done.

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much update in the last couple of weeks. I have the first batch of fish (4 chromis + 2 clowns) in the tank. Second batch in QT and the final batch (kole tang) is on order ( from drreefsquarantinedfish).

All equipment is working as expected minus the light. The Reefi Uno unit is still pending shipment.

I'm going to take it slow anyway, so no light is fine for the time being. My goal is to add coral 6 months after the tank setup. So i'm looking at summer time. Hoping to get through most of the ugly stage before the coral.

I have been extremely busy at work, so didn;t have too much time to fool around with the tank. Nothing much to do anyway.

I found a neat trick for mechanical filtration. The 2.75inch filter sock is a pain to clean because its so small and this tank have 4. I cut a piece of filter pad, and just lay it on top of the filter sock holder. It seems to work. the pad trap most of waste, and its very easy to rinse out the pad.

Again, i would have gone with the Peninsular version. But its not an option now.

Originally, I put my filter floss on top of the acrylic sock holder as well instead of using the sock but what I am doing now is instead of sock holder, I am using the black filter sponge and put filter floss on top of that. Works great!

aqua.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the problem is the direction of the water intake. Yes it will fit but you have to modify the magnet mount . I decided not to modify a brand new expensive skimmer.
After a 8 months i decided to add the same skimmer. Do you have a picture/video of install

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here;s the tunze 9004DC installed. you don;t need anything bigger than this.

I also created a custom "media rack" to replace the filter sock holder. It have a build in overflow. i almost flooded my living room - as the filter get clog, the water level on the chamber drop, triggering the ATO to fill. eventually the tank will overflow if you don;t intervene in time.

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 73

aqua.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here;s the tunze 9004DC installed. you don;t need anything bigger than this.

I also created a custom "media rack" to replace the filter sock holder. It have a build in overflow. i almost flooded my living room - as the filter get clog, the water level on the chamber drop, triggering the ATO to fill. eventually the tank will overflow if you don;t intervene in time.
Do you have the skimmer in the chamber next to socks or in the return pump chamber?

which way do you have water intake facing and did you use the magnets?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.5%
Back