Fish disease please help

deobiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a small scratch on my fish 2 days ago and thought it was nothing. Yesterday it became a little bigger and I thought maybe it got injured on the rocks or something but today it spread even more. Here’s a picture. Please help me identify the disease and if there is a way to save my fish

IMG_0429.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I noticed a small scratch on my fish 2 days ago and thought it was nothing. Yesterday it became a little bigger and I thought maybe it got injured on the rocks or something but today it spread even more. Here’s a picture. Please help me identify the disease and if there is a way to save my fish

IMG_0429.jpeg
This is an injury that has become severely infected and looks to be bacterial. Fish will need Immediate quarantine in a separate tank and treated with Seachem Kanaplex and ammonia level monitored with a reliable test kit. Add aeration with air stone also during treatment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deobiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tghis is an injury that has become severely infected and looks to be bacterial. Fish will need Immediate quarantine in a separate tank and treated with Seachem Kanaplex and ammonia level monitored with a reliable test kit. Add aeration with air stoner also during treatment.
Thank you for your reply

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is quite a severe issue - do you know when it started/how long has the fish been in the tank. are the lesions on only one side? Are there other symptoms - did you QT the fish? BTW - Agree with Vetteguy kanamycin (or neomycin) would certainly be indicated.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS- is the 'scratch' the line thats seen connecting the 2 areas that are involved?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back