Fish not eating

Gmj4409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your struggle. We’ve all been there! One more piece of advice - get the correct Copper Test Kit for the type of copper you’re using. What your describing could be too much copper.

The very best and easiest to use is the Hanna test kit. It will work with all the standard copper types. Good luck!

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^I’m also wondering what type of copper and test kit you’re using.

Have you tested ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate in your QT since removing the rock? Also, any aeration besides the one powerhead? Sometimes just throwing in an extra air-stone can make a big difference when using medications...

If the other fish in QT is doing well, I’m more likely to think it’s something parasitic (like the internal parasites already mentioned), but since all fish handle stress differently it’s good to cover all your bases. Sorry your having trouble with him, hopefully you can get him turned around...

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 39 27.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 29 20.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back