Fish only tank

briansandle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am going to be setting up a tank but for a while I am only going to have fish in it, I understand that for corals you need calcium, alkalinity, nitrate, phosphates. But if I only want to keep fish for the time being do I need any of them ? I have coral pro salt but I didn’t know if I would need to test for all and calc and stuff like that ? Hop this makes sense

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! :anguished-face: We're happy to have you.. As for dosing, nothing required! Also, you can get away with using a salt with lower elements and than the Red Sea Pro - pretty much any salt mix will do you fine with no corals..

What's the plan? What fish will you be having? :)

OP
OP
B

briansandle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! :anguished-face: We're happy to have you.. As for dosing, nothing required! Also, you can get away with using a salt with lower elements and than the Red Sea Pro - pretty much any salt mix will do you fine with no corals..

What's the plan? What fish will you be having? :)
I was just about to post another question about fish , but I’ll ask you. My friend said that she had a pair of clowns in her tank before but they got brookynella and she said that is white common, so I was gonna avoid clownfish. I was hoping to get some chromis, I have a 20 gallon cube so how many chromis do you think I can get in there ? Or what other fish would you recommend?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back