Fish QT process

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a lot of people have different QT procedures. Wanted to get some different procedures of what people do so when I get my new fish I can properly QT them

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my QT process.

I have been following these key points during QT as of late.

- 2-3 days of observation and try and get the fish eating before starting copper treatment.

- Ramp copper to therapeutic levels over a 3-4 day period, adding both AM/PM to break up the dosage. Hold Therapeutic levels for 35 days.

- Wait approx. 2 days and make sure fish has successfully taken the medication and then I add the first dose of API General Cure. Wait 5-7 days to conduct 25% water change and then I administer the 2nd dose and wait another 5-7 days to conduct second water change.

- After the 35 days of treatment, I run carbon and remove medication with large water changes and then I observe for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my QT process.

I have been following these key points during QT as of late.

- 2-3 days of observation and try and get the fish eating before starting copper treatment.

- Ramp copper to therapeutic levels over a 3-4 day period, adding both AM/PM to break up the dosage. Hold Therapeutic levels for 35 days.

- Wait approx. 2 days and make sure fish has successfully taken the medication and then I add the first dose of API General Cure. Wait 5-7 days to conduct 25% water change and then I administer the 2nd dose and wait another 5-7 days to conduct second water change.

- After the 35 days of treatment, I run carbon and remove medication with large water changes and then I observe for 2 weeks.
Okay read the article and just have a few questions.
You treat for internal/external parasites after the copper treatment correct?
For ramping up the copper should I just dose it 12 hours apart?
Is General cure okay to use mixed with food as well?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back