Fish room lights, tv, etc. Do you keep your house dark for the fish?

Hemlawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquariums are in my Man-Cave/office. My computer screen is very BRIGHT and I feel bad using it before the sun comes up. I was thinking of hanging a curtain in front of the glass to shield them from the lights in my office.

Do you guys take the fish into consideration when it comes to lighting your house?

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I observed this, I realized that for some fish, especially those sleeping in burrows or buried in the substrate, it did not make much difference, but others, like my Fox Face, for example, would wake up and stay active with any degree of illumination in the living room. When I realized this, I began to cover the panes of the aquarium, with cardboard panels fixed with glue tape, when I was there. Curtains are a more elegant idea.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same. Especially when I got my blue line angel fish. Plus he wasn't eating at the time. But he got used to it and likes watching TV.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is lit from 1100 to 2300... it's rare that I'm very active before the tank lights come on, unless I've been forced to do that thing called work, but it's very often that I'm still up after the lights go off. My clowns are the only ones that sleep in the open, and they go to their spot to sleep with the TV and Xbox going. The flame cardinal stays out a good bit at night, but he's partially nocturnal...

OP
OP
Hemlawk

Hemlawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work shift-work, so I'm up at strange hours. ill usually throw a towel over my nano.
I need to do a diy curtain/shade setup.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really. My aquarium is in the living room, but the fish are used to environment. The tv doesn't really light the aquarium where you can see in it, but the fish are aware of the light. They go to bed when the aquarium lights simulate nighttime. I had an Angel that would let you know that he was not pleased if you turned a light on in the middle of the night or TV on after he went to bed. He would make excessive grunting noises while looking at you and swimming with discuss. LOL.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back