Fishial Project uses artificial intelligence to identify fish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A not-for-profit organization is aiming to use artificial intelligence to help ID the planet’s 34,000 fish species. The Fishial project has been set up by Thomas Wye of the Wye Foundation, to identify fish by photograph automatically, with the aim of aiding education, new species identification, fish tracking, and fishery management. To do this it…
Source

Continue reading...

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I can play chess against this software and maybe win! I hope they can make it reliable in the future but I don’t know how new species can be processed with out the aid of a living species technician to process the transaction.

affan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A not-for-profit organization is aiming to use artificial intelligence to help ID the planet’s 34,000 fish species. The Fishial project has been set up by Thomas Wye of the Wye Foundation, to identify fish by photograph automatically, with the aim of aiding education, new species identification, fish tracking, and fishery management. To do this it…
Source

Continue reading...
That's a good way to use technology :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back