It was this big... Now its this big...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Evening..sweet wrasse.. :cool: couple of your babies...;):)
WP_20210311_19_07_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20210304_13_06_21_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my oh my nom nom!
side eye nom GIF by AFV Babies
The lfs had a rock with 6 of these on it for 300 bucks....

This one was loose sitting next to a nem basket. Asked for a price expecting $$... said 30... I said bag it up...

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I find those notes? I need to find Another one that I like
Classified unfortunately :)

But I'm sure we can get some help over on your thread for wrasse.

If I were you I'd start by figuring out what you like. Google pics. Then we can help with compatibility and such...

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52! Did you see Jason's new YELLOW coral? ;)
I did.
@fishguy242 @Eagle_Steve @MERKEY do you think I'd be ok to run 2 of my T5s while doing this? I'm afraid the coral won't survive if I dont...
Im sorry I missed the tag

I never turned off lights with dinos
Agree with @Eagle_Steve black outs only work for some and most always come back.
*Dino release toxins and will hurt corals and possibly people always run activated carbon when dealing with dino
* dino can go into a phase where they don't photosynthesis and become predators another reason blacks out don't solve problem
* Stop water changes. There is something in synthetic salts that fuel a bloom also helps to raise nutrients
* dino will do 1 of 2 things at night depending on species. Go to hind in sand or rock or enter thr water column. Id will help
* uv sterilizer can help with some species. It works really well one the ones that go into water column at night.

The first thing I do when bottoming out nutrients and dino are growing is in a 5 gallon bucket install 5 micron sock and a mp1200. I siphon water into the bucket and pump back into tank removing as many dino as possible. 5 micron is smaller than dino so you are removing them from the tank

2 Raise nutrients. This will help restore balance and give food to the strong photosynthesizers. Add bacteria this has always seemed to help me. I use the dr tims recipe for dino

After the dino your rock will absorb alot of the nutrients and release back into the water causing an uptick in algea. Avoid the knee jerk reaction of reducing nutrients again if they are with in range. (I didn't and had to redo all the steps) Instead increase cuc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did.

Im sorry I missed the tag

I never turned off lights with dinos
Agree with @Eagle_Steve black outs only work for some and most always come back.
*Dino release toxins and will hurt corals and possibly people always run activated carbon when dealing with dino
* dino can go into a phase where they don't photosynthesis and become predators another reason blacks out don't solve problem
* Stop water changes. There is something in synthetic salts that fuel a bloom also helps to raise nutrients
* dino will do 1 of 2 things at night depending on species. Go to hind in sand or rock or enter thr water column. Id will help
* uv sterilizer can help with some species. It works really well one the ones that go into water column at night.

The first thing I do when bottoming out nutrients and dino are growing is in a 5 gallon bucket install 5 micron sock and a mp1200. I siphon water into the bucket and pump back into tank removing as many dino as possible. 5 micron is smaller than dino so you are removing them from the tank

2 Raise nutrients. This will help restore balance and give food to the strong photosynthesizers. Add bacteria this has always seemed to help me. I use the dr tims recipe for dino

After the dino your rock will absorb alot of the nutrients and release back into the water causing an uptick in algea. Avoid the knee jerk reaction of reducing nutrients again if they are with in range. (I didn't and had to redo all the steps) Instead increase cuc.
Funny you say that nutrients will jump. I tested last night and they were high. I will let it ride for a few days. Corals look good. And nems are back to looking good... all signs point to moving in right direction.
I turned on the 2nd set of T5s yesterday, no whites yet. Will wait until later this weekend.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No update today. Spent the day with my kiddos. Turns out I can still ice skate pretty good. And I wasn't embarrassing to my teenage kids :)...
I know it's old, but the last line here makes it too real.

Recently went paintballing with my 15 and 13 yo boys, they brought a few friends each as well as two friends of mine (also former military) guys. The biggest compliment was given by my oldest son's ride or die buddy.

He told my oldest " I'm glad you brought the Marines, they make us look Good!"

My oldest still thinks I'm a nerd.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Age is only a number... im getting ready to start all over on the kid thing. I can't wait. Being a dad is my favorite thing in the world. Even on the hardest most trying days. And those closest to me know my oldest has put me through some things

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Age is only a number... im getting ready to start all over on the kid thing. I can't wait. Being a dad is my favorite thing in the world. Even on the hardest most trying days. And those closest to me know my oldest has put me through some things
Of your parents are sane when you left the nest you have to ask your self where did I go wrong

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back