Fixing a tank?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my red sea 70 took a s*** this last month. Been testing and testing and tried water changes which just screw up my ph for some reason and then I have to dose to keep that level. The rocks look like a** and the water is so freaking cloudy all the time and on top of it my glass has a film over it constantly no matter how much I scrape it WONT GO AWAY. Im so frustrated with this tank. Like my 125 is amazing and doesnt have these issues at all.

Tank has no corals anymore, cant even keep GSP in it. Removed my engineer goby and butterfly last night and acclimated them to my 125. Stock now is just 2 damsels, 3 chromis and a maroon clownfish pair. I would love to get this tank up and running and back to where it was I just dont have the slightest idea whats going on. Cant post parameters at the moment being at work, will later tonight. But they read different all the time so not sure how reliable they are. Use both fluval and red sea test kits. Kits are fine, I use them on my big tank and they read even all the time. I just dont know if the water is that messed up or what! No fish deaths or anything, just removed those two cause I could catch them easy and I cant really see any of the fish well with how crappy the water looks. Im at a loss because the damsels, chromis, clownfish and two arrow crabs are in perfect health, eating and active and show no signs of stress from ammonia or anything. Part of me is thinking its the red sea glass but then the rocks and water also look bad. Anyone have any suggestions? Tank is a year old.

Been tempted to tear it down and start new since I would love to make it a fowlr and actually be able to see my fish friends.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures: will turn on whites when I get home to take a picture of that

IMG_2902.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back