Floats in my dosing container... alerts via a BOB? HMMM

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im not interested in a DDR, as i already have a dosing container. If i were to put floats in said containers, is it possible to then wire them to a BOB to get alerts when they are low, or do you think the ALK and Cal ( likely going to run seachem reef fusion) will cause them to not work well?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's easy. Plug in the floats to the BOB, rename the switch inputs so they have meaningful names, then add this programming to your EmailAlm:

Set OFF
If AlkLow OPEN Then ON
If CalLow OPEN Then ON

(assuming your floats report OPEN when above water. If they are the opposite, change the code to If AlkLow CLOSED Then ON)

You might want to check on the floats periodically for any deposits building up.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's easy. Plug in the floats to the BOB, rename the switch inputs so they have meaningful names, then add this programming to your EmailAlm:

Set OFF
If AlkLow OPEN Then ON
If CalLow OPEN Then ON

(assuming your floats report OPEN when above water. If they are the opposite, change the code to If AlkLow CLOSED Then ON)

You might want to check on the floats periodically for any deposits building up.
Thanks as always good sir! You just gave me a reason to buy a PM 1 and a second BOB...... first one arrives tomorrow for ATO high, ATO low, Resivor Low, Skimmer full, and 2 feed mode buttons.... now i have a reason for a second!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back