• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Four BNIB Euroquatics E5x Blue Pop (54W replacement) Bulbs

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, I bought a set of 4 of the E5x Blue Pop 54W bulbs to run in my Giesemann Spectra fixture. These bulbs are absolutely amazing! They are basically a Reef Brite, but in a T5 housing. However, they are not compatible with a MH fixture that is not fan cooled. My Spectra fixture is one large aluminum heat sink without fans. It's designed this way to dissipate heat through the chassis and be able to remain silent. Unfortunately for me, this meant that the plastic end caps on the Euroquatics bulbs got too hot and started to melt after about three months. In talking to Euroquatics, they now realize this and will note on their website that these bulbs are not compatible with the Giesemann Spectra because of the heat. Luckily they took care of me and sent me 4 brand new bulbs. I have not even opened them as I will not be able to use them. Asking $200 shipped to the continental USA

I did not take any pics of the actual bulbs since they are still sealed in the cardboard tubes. Here are a couple of my tank images with the E5x turned on in conjunction with Hamilton 14k MH bulbs. Even with the intense MH bulbs, they really help give a "pop" to the coral.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Tw4TWQ]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/253M9VF]
[/url][/url]

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back