Fragaween meeting recap

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off i would like to thank everyone that showed up, i hope you all had a good time. Thank you Bagel Girls for letting us crash at your place Dos Jaevos and thank you for the Raffle donations as well. Thank you Carlos from The Aquarius for the frag donations for the bobbing for frags. There were some nice cherry pieces in there. Thank you Spectrapure for the awesome 150gpd RODI unit donation. Thank you Reef Stew for your raffle donations.

Last month we had a raffle and that made $205, this month with todays raffle we now have $480. Thank you very much who bought raffle tickets and donated. This money will be used for club activities only. I have a few ideas to throw out there, let me know if you do as well.

I would like to get more speakers in to do a demos or a talk. This money should certainly help with that.

Gary Parr, master aquarium photographer and he writes great articles on Reef Threads. He is willing to do a aquarium photo workshop. Possibly at one of the LFS or Sealife.

Tony Vargas always has great talks, his speech at MACNA on wrasse was great. He is the author of The Coral Reef Aquarium. He mentioned that he could do just a good talk about advanced reef aquariums.

Richard Ross is always a fun time. Biologist at the Steinhart Aquarium and Cephalopod hugger, Rich's talks always are interesting with splash of comedy.

These are just a few idea i have.

I also want to run the idea of forming a AZ FRAG club board. I have no problem being president and keeping this going for as long as i can. But i would like to give the opportunity for others to pitch in if they want. The two position i really would like right now are a Treasurer and a Web Admin. The main job with a Treasure would be to just help me keep an eye on the club money and make sure it i being taken in and spent correctly. I prefer someone with a background in accounting of some kind. Web Admin would develop a AZ FRAG basic website for us and keep it up to date. I would like to show vendors that we are a legit club and for them to get a better idea of what kind of goodies to give us for raffles and give a ways.

A Vice President and Secretary would be nice as well. I don't expect the positions to be present every meeting, except for the President. So if you would like to help please nominate your self on this thread for one of these positions and we will have elections in December as part of our Christmas party.

Last I would like to say there will still be no club dues, BUT in the future i might organize a LFS discount card that will require premium member ship annually. This will not be required to attend or take part in the AZ FRAG meetings. Just a added benefit.
cool.png

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to nominate myself for 2013 AZ FRAG President.

Yes you can run against me, but i will not go easy. :xd:

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what we got so far for the 2013 Ballot that will be voted on at the December FRAG meeting.

President: Me (Frick)
Vice President; Aquainas (shane), SWaddict (DJ)
Web Admin: Aquainas (shane), King Evil
Treasurer: Open
Secretary; Open

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a Treasurer it would be good to have someone with accounting experience. They don't have to be at every meeting, but if they could announce our club balance and keep it balanced this should be a pretty easy job.

Secretary also would not have to be at every meeting but would need to keep track of club business preferably on a lap top or iPad. Also will have to be present during election to organize the ballots and voting.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back